Freaking out all day

So I've been freaking out all day today. In the last several months my ocd around kids has been through the roof. I'll try to look at kids to see if I feel a certain way or not and when I get a "turned on" feeling, I just want to die. I had that today where I work, I was ringing up a guest and her child was sitting in the cart and when I went over it in my mind I got that turned on feeling and it did not feel like ocd, at all. Which has me freaked out. But what's worse, is because of this feeling when I was grabbing the bag off the hook I moved my hand in a way where I was trying to touch the child. So I've been terrified all day because I knew what I was doing and again, it did not feel like ocd. I wish I knew why I get this way around kids. I feel like a sick pervert.

It's just average, everyday OCD. Nothing new here. 

You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that you have a mental disorder that can make you think all sorts of crazy things and feel weird sensations. Then you make matters so much worse by doing compulsions.

Sounds like typical OCD doing its thing. 

4 hours ago, kika22 said:

it did not feel like ocd, at all.

Edited by paradoxer
got rid of an erroneous apostrophe. I wish the formatting would give one a bit more of a chance.

It is so normal for someone with OCD to think thoughts like this. I have learnt from my experiences that I need to remember who I am. So remember who you are and you will realise you are not a pervert... It is your mind!! Not you!! It is so much more easy to say than to do, I know. But remember who you are! Do not let this OCD take over. Stay positive. You will get there :)

I wanna thank everyone for their comments. I'm still struggling with this. I just keep going over it in my head and each time I remember feeling turned on and deliberately moving my hand towards the child. I think I need to finally just bring up this pedophile theme to my therapist. I've been too scared to. It's so embarrassing.