Changing Brands of Sertraline Side Effects?

I started Sertraline tablets back in January and currently take a 150mg dose. When I bought the first pack they were by the brand Cipla which are white, small, and the packets usefully label the days of the week. I then ordered more Cipla tablets for my next prescription. The problem is that apparently Cipla have had an interruption/delay in their manufacture of these tablets and so I can no longer get Cipla tablets (hopefully temporarily).

My concern is that when filling another prescription they were going to give me Teva tablets which are about three times bigger, yellow and no marking of days on the packet. My thinking is that if Cipla are presumably already using a filler along with the active ingredient then Teva must be putting a lot more filler in their tablets which I really don't want as presumably their is a risk of a negative reaction.

I once had a bad reaction to an SSRI and want to avoid this happening again. Has anyone had any new side affects when taking a different brand of the same SSRI that they normally take? Do others on here just keep getting different brands each time they go to the pharmacy to collect their prescription?

Edited by Numb
4 minutes ago, Numb said:

I started Sertraline tablets back in January and currently take a 150mg dose. When I bought the first pack they were by the brand Cipla which are white, small, and the packets usefully label the days of the week. I then ordered more Cipla tablets for my next prescription. The problem is that apparently Cipla have had an interruption/delay in their manufacture of these tablets and so I can no longer get Cipla tablets (hopefully temporarily).

My concern is that when filling another prescription they were going to give me Teva tablets which are about three times bigger, yellow and no marking of days on the packet. My thinking is that if Cipla are presumably already using a filler along with the active ingredient then Teva must be putting a lot more filler in their tablets which I really don't want as presumably their is a risk of a negative reaction.

I once had a bad reaction to an SSRI and want to avoid this happening again. Has anyone had any new side affects when taking a different brand of the same SSRI that they normally take? Do others on here just keep getting different brands each time they go to the pharmacy to collect their prescription?

Hi there 

I just had the same problem I'm on escitlopram and I had cipla make and the next time  I went they gave me teva I got bad side effects again but they died down now.. I said to chemist about it and said we get the same ones next time.. I'm not sure every one has this but pharmancy said to me it's might be to do with coating and the filler.. etc can be different that's why I was sick and that 

hope everything works out 

snow x

It happened to me when I was on venlafaxine, changed the brand once (didn't think it would matter) and I felt worse, my palpitations during the night were greater and I didn't really know why for a while, switched back to my initial brand and things went back to normal. I don't think it is necessary a bad thing, you can get used to the new brand, but it may take a little while. The symptoms, in my opinion at least, were far less distressing than when I was getting used to sertraline, for example.

Edited by chaosed