Today I Am a Grateful Dude

Throughout my life I have suffered from mental illness and addiction.

Today I'm coping well and have been clean and sober a while. I'm grateful because the difficulties that I have faced have all been within my power to manage. I was considering this morning how breathtakingly delighted a terminally ill patient would be to be told that the progression their illness was theirs to decide. I'm by no means underestimating anyone's plight. I know how debilitating OCD can be. But with learned support and hard work we can all dispatch our condition into remission.

And I'm so thankful for that.

The power is within each of us to change our thinking and behaviors. That's what CBT is all about. It's not about sitting there, listening to a therapist. It's about learning and then doing. Doing is the important part. You have to take the risk and jump in with both feet and just do it.

11 hours ago, OceanDweller said:

Throughout my life I have suffered from mental illness and addiction.

Today I'm coping well and have been clean and sober a while. I'm grateful because the difficulties that I have faced have all been within my power to manage. I was considering this morning how breathtakingly delighted a terminally ill patient would be to be told that the progression their illness was theirs to decide. I'm by no means underestimating anyone's plight. I know how debilitating OCD can be. But with learned support and hard work we can all dispatch our condition into remission.

And I'm so thankful for that.

Give that man a hand ... :clapping:!