After some of the mistakes I have made I try to express my views as "just my view" or "just my opinion" most of the time. With out naming names or wanting to get into a spat (NO WAY!) I think if someone has taken the time - despite their own struggles to respond to a post - they should be treated respectfully irrespective of disagreements or different points of view and the responder - in my view (!) - should be sensitive to that person's opinion.

One of the most supportive people on this forum through my journey coming off tranquillisers was very hurt earlier at a response to his/her post. Now, I'm not taking sides but I genuinely believe that if someone is still really struggling and has the kindness and consideration to offer some advice that person should be treated courteously.

As always just my view, best wishes and no animosity intended. Phil.

Well said Phil. :goodpost:The forum rules of course request this, and the moderators do an excellent job, but it is an open forum and we need people to think as you describe,before they post, to avoid hurting feelings. 

I try to be very reflective before I post as I do not want to upset anyone but I think sometimes a bit of "tough love" can be appropriate if someone is getting tons of responses and great advice?

I'm not trying to sabotage other's posts hence posting here. Just a view - we are all or most of us in the same boat. Sometimes - unlike real life - it is easy to post without putting a lot of thought into it. We offer advice or get advice and it is ignored - fair enough. This forum is amazing compared to another one I use so it would be sad if there were spats because sometimes posts can be misinterpreted? As I said elsewhere, let's try and be considerate to each other. I hold my hand up - I've said things on the spur of the moment but I like to think I've learnt from that. People with anxiety disorders can be very sensitive to criticism - me included - but I think most people aren't trying to be mean. Best wishes friends, Phil.

Despite your on-going challenges your forum etiquette is wonderful Phil, so take a bow :worthy:

You are so right to make this post and this problem is one of the reasons why, when I really need help, I tend to use the member's support forum. It does seem to me that, perhaps,  a sufferer committing to the cause by joining up as a member of OCD-UK , in general has  more chance of being of a more understanding nature. 

But let me hasten to add, those who occasionally cause offence are a very small minority of our overall bulletin board members. 

I agree and thank you for the response. I always - again just my view - think the monthly financial commitment to become a member is very modest and I wish more people would sign up. That's not a criticism of people's financial circumstances as obviously some people don't have a lot of cash but if this website closed due to funding issues I would be devastated as it has been so helpful. Again, no criticism intended. Best wishes, Phil.

I agree. 

Fortunately Ashley runs a tight ship - but I would like to see a lot more people find the small amount of cash, whatever their circumstances, to join the organisation.

I was a member of another organisation, but have lapsed that membership to focus on this brilliant charity. 

Everyone who joins the boards and obeys the, very reasonable, rules will find those willing to provide help and support.