Feel so bad in the mornings

Guest David green

Guest David green

I have intrusive thoughts centered around children and now its hitting me every morning when i wake up im getting urges about my neighbors kids next door.It was never like this before.

I wake up in such a state with the urges dont know if its because the medication has run out.I really dont know what to do i dredd it every day

Even when not at mine the mornings are still really bad

Edited by David green
4 hours ago, David green said:

I wake up in such a state with the urges dont know if its because the medication has run out.I really dont know what to do i dredd it every day

David, you've got to look after yourself and keep an eye on your prescription. Stopping meds abruptly isn't a good idea and is more than likely the reason for how you're feeling....can you give your GP a call tomorrow and pick-up a repeat prescription?

In the meantime, you've recognised the thoughts for what they are, intrusive.....remember they're meaningless and try to keep going with the refocusing.

Guest David green
10 hours ago, Hal said:

David, you've got to look after yourself and keep an eye on your prescription. Stopping meds abruptly isn't a good idea and is more than likely the reason for how you're feeling....can you give your GP a call tomorrow and pick-up a repeat prescription?

In the meantime, you've recognised the thoughts for what they are, intrusive.....remember they're meaningless and try to keep going with the refocusing.

I have medication i meant to say when its run out in your body in the morning

Was terrible today getting the urges when i heard the kids leaving for school i felt horrible tried focusing on something else if thats what you mean it still felt horrible.I feel so scared of whats going to happen to me.

Edited by David green

David,

it sounds as if you are in a bad place. Is there someone who you can call, who would talk to you? Perhaps go online and maybe do some meditation to take your mind off things for a while.....

keep strong and you will get through, though i know is awful for you right now

OCD feelings and thoughts  are the opposite of what you really are. I'm sure you've heard it many times. The urges come because you are afraid of geting them them and hearing children triggers the fear. I know what you feel and that is horrible. The only thing that helped me was not paying atention to those thoughts and feelings, just leting them be and saying to my self that I know what I am and  that I am not like that and I am not going to argue with those stupid thoughts anymore.  It's easier said then done, I know that.

Guest David green

Thanks i called crisis line and tried to get my care coordinator i agreed to take a phenergan pill with the duty cpn

i told my mum i dont want to be here anymore now ive upset her

I really dont want to be here anymore everything is becoming so hard to do

Guest David green
1 minute ago, Dreamerr said:

OCD feelings and thoughts  are the opposite of what you really are. I'm sure you've heard it many times. The urges come because you are afraid of geting them them and hearing children triggers the fear. I know what you feel and that is horrible. The only thing that helped me was not paying atention to those thoughts and feelings, just leting them be and saying to my self that I know what I am and  that I am not like that and I am not going to argue with those stupid thoughts anymore.  It's easier said then done, I know that.

Thanks the mornings the urges its to much ill try

Unsure's right, you can get through this David......you're a strong guy, you came through a horrible time a month ago and you can again this time.

Is anyone still dropping in or has the home support finished? I'm afraid I won't have access to the forum again until later this evening, but if you do feel worse will you give your CPN another call or the Samaritans? Their telephone no's 116 123.

Is there anything you'd maybe like to do this afternoon that would help you refocus, are there any decent films on TV or would a bike ride help?

Take care of yourself, things will get better for you, take it a step at a time and I'll be back in touch a bit later.

Guest David green

Home treatment team not dropping in anymore im just with my care cordinator im waiting on my cpn to call.

Might go round my mums later i had a short bike ride earlier but didnt feel to good.

Thanks hal

7 hours ago, David green said:

Cpn just sent me self help books he didnt call me

Blimmin' eck, I'm sorry.

How you are doing at the moment, are you OK-ish? I was thinking this afternoon whether maybe your mum might be able to act as a bit of an intermediary and tell your CPN how much you've been struggling? It could make a difference, but just in case you feel very low again....would you take a look at this advice from MIND for me.....it's six pages long and gives some really useful coping tips.....

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/#.WPqUNVKZNmB

Always remember you're amongst friends here who care.

Guest David green

I took a quick look at it cheers i said to my mum if she could call my cpn sometime.

I went to my mums yesterday stayed the night had the horrible feelings in the morning again.The sulpiride relaxed me lastnight but waking up was a different story head full of worry and bad thoughts.

We're dealing with a very cruel disorder aren't we, it sounds like the medication's helping to some degree. I wonder (and this isn't a criticism) whether you're maybe expecting too much from the meds and possibly not investigating other tools that could be just, if not more helpful. 

For a long time mornings were also the worst time of day for me, there are a couple of things I did that helped and might be worth giving a go.

Firstly, I began being much more aware of how I was responding to the way I was feeling and thinking.

I quickly fell into the trap of making matters worse for myself by the type of self-talk I was engaging in....'this is terrible' 'this is unbearable,' 'I can't cope......' the net result being feeling more consumed and powerless. If you can change that to something like 'OK this isn't great, but I've been here before and know the anxiety will fade, I got through yesterday I can get through today,' it can help.

Another tactic if you're waking up at a normal hour of say 7am or later, is actually get up, don't lie in bed. Focus on each activity you're doing, really focus on getting washed, dressed, making breakfast.....the anxiety and thoughts are still going to be bombarding you, but with all your willpower remain focused on the task in hand.

I don't know what your regular routine's like, but it also helps to think through the night before what you'd like to do tomorrow....it could be going for a walk, treating your mum to lunch, maybe taking an online course, learning a language, taking up a new sport.....anything so long as it gives a structure to the day.

I can't promise you'll notice a shift quickly, it might take a couple of weeks, maybe longer....but making subtle small changes really does add up and make a difference alongside taking the meds.

Guest David green

I am going through depression lost interest in things i wake early hours and just want to sleep.Finding it hard doing the easiest of things doing a meal can b so stressful.Thanks though

Edited by David green
Guest David green
1 hour ago, Hal said:

I quickly fell into the trap of making matters worse for myself by the type of self-talk I was engaging in....'this is terrible' 'this is unbearable,' 'I can't cope......' the net result being feeling more consumed and powerless. If you can change that to something like 'OK this isn't great, but I've been here before and know the anxiety will fade, I got through yesterday I can get through today,' it can help

I can try this hal as getting up and staying up is just to hard plus i hardly want to do anything.

Some great advice from Hal above. Someone once told me that as it difficult as it can be with depression getting out of bed more or less as soon as you wake up is a very good tactic instead of starting your day lying in bed already ruminating - which I've done myself - and wanting to go back to sleep.

David, I still feel you are going round in circles and I understand that to a large degree because I know what a combination of OCD and depression can be like. Do you think you may be relying to much on the community mental health team or CPN? What are they actually going to do to help you in the short-term? OK they could potentially visit you at home everyday to see how you are doing but you are still going to be spending a lot of time alone dealing with your thoughts and feelings.

Another point - again from a personal perspective. I have tried most anti-depressants on the market for OCD and I don't believe any of them helped ME at all so other strategies had to be explored. I also had to ask myself "am I depressed or am I just extremely unhappy about my condition and the state I am in?" Fear is a very powerful emotion as most OCD sufferers know but little baby steps can start to re-build confidence and reduce anxiety.

Best wishes, Phil

Guest David green

I just want to sleep all the time im scared of seeing kids when i go out im just not myself & scared.Feels like a breakdown 

Guest David green

Been at my mums a few days i feel really scared about going back to mine soon.just in case i see kids plus the ride back feels strange.

Edited by David green

Well that's good - well done you and maybe it's the start on a journey a lot of us are on or have been on?

I would love to see some posts from you which describe how you are not taking the thoughts so seriously and your anxiety is lessening. It can be done - while waiting for therapy or in therapy, but obviously I would say working with a good therapist is how a lot of people move forward. You'll hopefully find some inner strength you didn't think you had.

I still have intrusive thoughts about harming children but I do not take them as seriously as I used to do although they are still very distressing at times and I've struggled with this condition for 23 years. You can build a foundation - it doesn't matter as long as you are making little steps one hour at a time, one day, one week etc.

Just my view as always. Best wishes, Phil.

On 20/04/2017 at 19:25, David green said:

I have intrusive thoughts centered around children and now its hitting me every morning when i wake up im getting urges about my neighbors kids next door.It was never like this before.

Of course it was never like this before, if you don't stop doing the compulsions, and you continue to do them, then it is going to be worse and worse. I hope you are not surprised, because it is the natural unfolding of events in such situation.

This is where you want to be? Do you like where you are now? Do you like how you feel? If not, then stop doing those compulsions!!!

Edited by snowbear
removed swearing
Guest David green
24 minutes ago, chaosed said:

Of course it was never like this before, if you don't stop doing the compulsions, and you continue to do them, then it is going to be worse and worse. I hope you are not surprised, because it is the natural unfolding of events in such situation.

This is where you want to be? Do you like where you are now? Do you like how you feel? If not, then stop doing those compulsions!!!

What compulsions am i doing