Intrusive thought questions

Hi everyone hope your all doing alright. 

Just a question regarding intrusive thoughts. If you have a thought that you know is faulse from the start but then your brain starts adding detail and other thoughts and now your convinced the thing you knew wasn't true is now true. Does that mean it's true or your OCD is tricking you. 

6 minutes ago, Ocdfree419 said:

If you have a thought that you know is faulse from the start

Fiction cannot become fact purely because your mind is playing tricks. The brain is powerful, but it can't change reality. Only our perception of it.

17 minutes ago, Ocdfree419 said:

Than you for replying. So it can make you think something is real when it is not 

Of course. That's why it's such a cunning little weasel of a disorder! Learning to trust oneself again is crucial. Don't let your OCD have you off when you know deep down what the truth is.

Having another tough day with everything. I keep adding the details to my on going worry and now it's hard to see what's real. I've got all the facts and when I'm in the right mind I can see that my OCD has latched onto a thought and thrown in whatever detail it can make up. Sometimes I can laugh and sometimes I'm drawn in. I no the way to deal with it it's just hard sometimes to put what I no into practice. The thing is the thought is real. It's gone from one thing which I no is true which wasn't bad and didn't matter,to me doing something completely different and bad. The second part I presume is me adding faulse memory's and details. Any advice. 

Thankyou 

Leave it alone. It's all fake because it comes from OCD. You're not going to think your way to a resolution. All those bits that get added over time is directly due to you doing compulsions because of the thoughts. Refuse to get drawn into mind debates over this. Focus your mind away from the thoughts. Let them come and do nothing about them.

Sorry to post again. Having a really tough day. I started on medication yesterday on 40mg of flouoxatine. And just having a really rough day. I have so many thoughts and images in my head. Something that I'm worried I did about a year and a half ago but I never thought of it until last week. I really don't no what's real and what isn't. Just having a really bad day