I keep getting a pins and needles feeling in my face, neck, arms, hands and feet. I know this is common with anxiety but I can't remember feeling anxious but likely have as it does seem to occur when I get worried about something and gets less when I distract myself. I have been getting pains in the left side of my chest. My psychologist said to rate the pain and I would rate at one and a half to two out of ten, which she said is highly unlikely to be anything to worry about. 

I have the tingling now but I was just laying on my hands. I'm struggling.

23 minutes ago, Phili said:

I have the tingling now but I was just laying on my hands. I'm struggling.

What would the Psychologist recommend?  Would she recommend research and reassurance (compulsions) as an effective solution. :no: Nope she wouldn't.

She's suggested looking at the situation rationally and assessing likelyhood.  Now you've done that and arrived at the conclusion that this is nothing to worry about (particularly considering that health issues are one of your major obsessions).  Unfortunately with OCD we still get nagging doubt but have to try and work past that and resist falling back on using compulsions to try and bring the anxiety down.  If we do use compulsions, we very quickly get dragged back into the cycle.....If we sit with iy and work through it, it will pass and ease off

I've been getting pain in my left arm, I would rate that at three to five but I have been doing my exercises every day for two weeks so maybe that is why.

I have improved with the whole posting symptoms thing. I have been working hard on my homework.

56 minutes ago, Phili said:

I've been getting pain in my left arm, I would rate that at three to five but I have been doing my exercises every day for two weeks so maybe that is why.

Sounds like a sensible deduction to me :) What say you?  Knowing what your fears are (health/heart attacks etc), looking at how many hundreds of times these very same symptoms have upset you and knowing now (from all you've learned) how OCD affects one.....we can make that deduction and move on without using a compulsion as the solution.  It is still going to bother you and make you feel compelled to find an answer....but as you know from your therapy, it isn't the answer that helps us to get better.

1 hour ago, Phili said:

I have improved with the whole posting symptoms thing. I have been working hard on my homework.

You have indeed and Well Done because it's hard and takes discipline, determination and courage.  That's also why it's important to give you that little reminder that even the tiniest bit of coping by using compulsions is dangerous as it can so quickly pull is right back in.

A better way than posting symptoms may be like

"I'm really struggling today with my OCD.  This old thing with worries about symptoms is getting to me and today it's winning.  Any suggestions as to how I get myself back on track folks?

Can you see the subtle difference?  Rather than listing the symptoms and covertly asking to be reassured, one way or another.....you'd be recognising that OCD was the cause and asking for help, support and tips to get through a difficult day.

Good to hear you're getting stuck in with those exercises as well :thumbup: :cheer: