Would other type of therapy help?

Going to be honest.. my groinal responses is getting worse i cant deal with them and am very strong minded asin i dont believe what anyone on here or my ocd cbt therpist tells me, i firmly believe am getting aroused not anxiety with my obsessions and am a screw up. Anyways am wondering if a sex therpist would help at all with this? Ijust understand why am getting aroused with my obessions 

Why would a sex therapist be able to help with OCD?  If anything I suspect that would make things worse. 

The only therapy we recommend for tackling OCD is CBT, but it's hard and you have to be prepared to invest time, energy and commitment to the work for it to be help.

another good therapy to go along with CBT I believe is acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), as well as mindfulness meditation and loving-kindness meditation. Indeed, CBT alone is not enough sometimes, as we also have to accept unpleasant thoughts when they appear, not only rationalise them

I don't think sex therapy would do a thing for u honestly, because ur thoughts are normal intrusive thoughts that u have. Yet the meaning ur attaching to them and the Groinals are all OCD. A sex therpaist would likely tell u it's all normal but how many times have u been told that or read that when it comes to sexual obsessions and u still aren't satisfied? Same would happen with sex therapy, the doubt would creep back in and the OCD will remain, CBT is all the way and I agree with the other techniques mentioned, mindfulness meditation is great x

CBT will give you the cognitive side of OCD which from what you are saying you don't really understand because doubt seems to be getting the better of you. 

Sex therapists deal with standard not OCD issues. 

To get better you have to learn, then believe and apply what you have learned. 

OCD works the same way, whether it's magical thinking, health, harm, contamination, false memory, sexual preference, relationships, counting, checking or whatever theme in which it expresses itself. We need to understand how this is, and why we must not connect with the meaning it gives to intrusions feelings urges, and why we must change our behavioural responses. 

When we do all of this, we are on our journey towards recovery. 

For me, other therapies mentioned are helpful but only as additions to the core therapy of CBT. I use The Four Steps, and mindfulness meditation, love kindness meditation with a little Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. 

Edited by taurean
23 hours ago, GG150 said:

Perhaps telling me the truth about groinal responses?

I am confused....  you're posting on an OCD forum but are you suggesting your feelings of arousal is not OCD?   My advice is education, education, educations... about OCD!  

22 hours ago, Ashley said:

I am confused....  you're posting on an OCD forum but are you suggesting your feelings of arousal is not OCD?   My advice is education, education, educations... about OCD!  

Educate me then please.. what have you learned about groinal responses, why does it happen after a thought? Have you had it before?

And thanks for the other replies. I only get what i get offered, and thats therpists without being specialized on ocd and normally just a therpist, so am trying to do cbt and erp myself which i am doing ok with, besides the G.R that i cantdeal or handle.

6 minutes ago, GG150 said:

Educate me then please.. what have you learned about groinal responses, why does it happen after a thought? Have you had it before?

The point is it's nothing to do with sex or sexual arousal, it's to do with your OCD and your mind causing the physical reaction. Until you understand that basic premise, you will continue to struggle to make sense of what is going on.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

The point is it's nothing to do with sex or sexual arousal, it's to do with your OCD and your mind causing the physical reaction. Until you understand that basic premise, you will continue to struggle to make sense of what is going on.

Yes so heres the sums

wanted sexual thought =arousal

ocd thought= arousal

both causes arousal so of course its the mind and thats the problem the mind causes a wanted arousal, you shouldnt have a response to bad thoughts, 

you are still getting aroused with whatever thought it is 

Edited by GG150

No, you're not. I'm not going to endlessly debate this with you. You're trying to convince yourself that this isn't OCD. That's a shame and will do you no good.

True arousal is wanted. Groinal responses are not wanted. I mean, look at how much they freak you out. Can you honestly say you want those sensations?

Your problem is OCD. That's it. There's nothing unusual about your case. I spoke last week with a man from the U.S. for an hour about his groinal response. Same story. It's all normal when sexual obsessions are in play.

I dont want them but sadly i have them, a feel like a monster that cant control myself, ive had ocd for a good 5 year and last year was when this started, so i can kickmyself for not sorting myself out before it got to this stage, but here i am, something i just cant accept because its morally wrong and am full of guilt. Ijust want a magic wand or even for the groinal responses to stop.

what can i do for them to stop? Is they any real chance of them stopping? Or doi just need to live with it for rest of my life regardless if a work at it or not?

Edited by GG150
11 minutes ago, GG150 said:

what can i do for them to stop? Is they any real chance of them stopping? Or doi just need to live with it for rest of my life regardless if a work at it or not?

Hi GG. If you learn to live with it, there's a very good chance of it stopping.

I don't have this form of OCD, but I do know from my own experience and my learning that OCD in that manifestation is targeting a core value, our sexuality, and making a false connection in our mind to trigger unwanted arousal. 

With other manifestations of this type - where it turns a true core value on its head - if we learn that this is what it is doing, how it works, and believe the therapists when they tell us not to believe the false message the OCD wants us to, we can ease away the thoughts and they lose power, and also occur less frequently. Subsequently,I believe from mine and others' experience, when they do crop up they can be gently eased away. 

So your first task is to learn this and believe it, then determine not to connect with or give meaning to the thoughts urges arousals. 

GG, you've got to stop this morally wrong thinking. There's nothing morally wrong with it. Saying that to yourself would be a compulsion and it needs to stop. That's reacting to the sensations, which is the one thing you mustn't do. 

Ive alsonoticed since i stopped my meds the arousal got alot worse, is that because i stopped my meds and i know they effect your sex limbo whatever you call it medical term or is worse because am doing rituals over the groinal responses? 

On 30/04/2017 at 15:57, GG150 said:

You may already have read Scott's 'Sex & OCD - a Perspective,' here's a link to it if you haven't.....it's probably the best overview of what you're experiencing GG.