I had a good week last week, but this week has been 50/50. 

I'm being stubborn with my treatment. What keeps nagging me is, "maybe it's not actually OCD" and I become reluctant to do my exercises. My therapist and I have been working on that.

I had intrusive thoughts before the trip I went on, then I worried if I kissed someone, then I worried I had sex with some stranger in the toilets, then I worried I contracted HIV from this said stranger. Sometimes it feels real and the false memories creep in, and other times it's ridiculous.

Anybody else deal with this? What's worked for you?

3 hours ago, californiadreaming said:

maybe it's not actually OCD" a

3 hours ago, californiadreaming said:

Sometimes it feels real and the false memories creep in, and other times it's ridiculous.

All of this looks OCD. 

What works is accepting that it is, noting that the intrusions are attributable to OCD, as also the demand for certainty that it is OCD. 

Just act along with it being OCD - don't believe the meaning it gives them, ignore the nagging intrusions - if they don't get attention they will lose power. 

Well sweetie I think we've already exchanged messages.

Actually I am suffering from a crisis right now, i am wondering wether i should get the post-exposure treatment or not.

If you ever want to get it off your chest, we can talk privately and help one another out, since our problems are kind of related :)

take care and try not to overthink anymore, sex is something that you remember perfectly well