Having really scary thoughts !!!

Have been here before,scary,frightening thoughts about hurting someone I love so so much. I know they're not real and will never ever happen but how do I stop them from continually being there and pushing my anxiety through the roof. Does anyone else get thoughts like this? Saw my gp this week and started on 30mg duloxetine,really hope they help

If you want to lessen the frequency of the thoughts you have to be counter-intuitive, and be prepared to actually think about them more, but don't ruminate on them. Let the thoughts come (you can't stop them anyway) but don't focus on them. The more you struggle, the more importance you attach to them.  

How do I do that Polar bear ? I don't know what my compulsions are except I keep telling myself the thoughts aren't real,even when they're not in my head. Just got constant shaking anxiety now

IT WILL PASS...the shaking and anxiety....I've been down that road Robb02u....terrible...but knew it would pass ..whether it was 3 seconds or 4 years...it does go...I remember a new born baby was being passed around the room for everyone to give it a cuddle.....I don't think I need to tell you what came over me.....I think the sweating gave me away...now  laugh at it..thats what u do with ocd....its not real...

I have very much been there too. 

Constant terrible thoughts that I would pick up a knife and stab a loved one, or run someone over. Accompanied by urges that felt so real. 

Like Tulsas said it really can get better. I am completely recovered from my thoughts other than a small relapse here and there. 

Let the thoughts come, pay no attention, just observe. The more attention you pay to the thoughts the more they will return. Seems like the opposite of what you want to do but it really is the only way.