CBT Therapy-am I not quite getting it?

So I've had 3-4 CBT therapy sessions so far and its weird, its like I get it but kinda don't.  My guy uses a lot of analogies or stories to make his point.  He said my fear of my OCD topic is a good thing and made me admit I'd never actually do what I'd fear etc.  He suggested that I think of my intrusive thoughts as fantasies too which went a little over my head.  I'm a smart guy but I have had a hard time trying to process some of it, like I should take notes from now on or worried he isn't saying anything new.  Anyone else have similar experiences or advice?  Also worried my risperidone is affecting my short term memory in relation but that's another story.  Thanks in advance.  

27 minutes ago, Zazoo said:

So I've had 3-4 CBT therapy sessions so far and its weird, its like I get it but kinda don't.  My guy uses a lot of analogies or stories to make his point.  He said my fear of my OCD topic is a good thing and made me admit I'd never actually do what I'd fear etc.  He suggested that I think of my intrusive thoughts as fantasies too which went a little over my head.  I'm a smart guy but I have had a hard time trying to process some of it, like I should take notes from now on or worried he isn't saying anything new.  Anyone else have similar experiences or advice?  Also worried my risperidone is affecting my short term memory in relation but that's another story.  Thanks in advance.  

Hi Zazoo. CBT provides us with a new and unfamiliar perspective. It takes time to understand and practice for it to become effective. If you're confused by anything your practitioner says, speak up. Therapists aren't always master communicators, nor are they clairvoyant. Don't fret about not grasping everything straight away. Just persevere and perform the tasks as instructed. And give time time.

3 hours ago, Zazoo said:

Also worried my risperidone is affecting my short term memory in relation but that's another story.  Thanks in advance.  

Is that a medication prescription for the treatment of OCD or something else Zazoo?   We're a little sceptical here now that anti-psychotic medication is likely to be effective for OCD, one psychiatrist whose an expert in OCD told me it may help, but usually if it is not working by 4/5 weeks it is unlikely to help.

I believe originally it was prescribed for my intrusive/suicidal thoughts and anxiety but on a low dose, about 1.5mg per day.  I'm also on Zoloft 100-150mg per day.  Both started kicking in around the 4-6 week mark and has made things better (a lot less anxious, the thoughts are not as powerful).  I'm not overthinking as much also but as I stated I'm also trying to deal it with through therapy.  Also I am wondering about "tasks", like specific one's or just the usual stuff?