Some good news..kinda.

Some good news for once, I think I'm finally starting to get a hang on my OCD.  The sexual intrusive thoughts have been getting less and I went to a full on family event (my sisters birthday) with all the kids there and had little to no reaction for the first time in months.  I was afraid I might have to leave but I stuck in there and was fine if anxious at times.  I won't be holding my little niece anytime soon but I was able to interact with the two older boys and feel "normal" for the first time in ages.  Two months ago I wouldn't have been able to do this.  The suicidal thoughts have also lessened or disappeared at times.  I've been taking my medication regularly, been taking all my lessons to heart and using evidence in my past to disprove my OCD thoughts.  I've also joined a mood-disorders peer group which meets weekly (good group of people).  Mind you its day to day as I had a reaction Friday and my mind wouldn't let it drop for a good 24 hours but I fought it off for the most part.  I worry though that because my mom's cancer has returned with a vengeance and she is back on chemo (with no idea if she has months or years left), I might have a bad relapse/breakdown etc.  Has anyone else been through similar?  I could really use some advice on how to deal with the extra stress or in general.  Thanks for reading, cheers all.  

My one piece of advice is to take care of yourself.  You will do no one any good if you get stressed out. Your anxiety will rise and your OCD will worsen. Take time out for you, some relaxation, eat right, sleep right and take it easy.