Does anyone with their OCD have a urge to do something inappropriate like somehow you want to do something and carry out an act that you don't actually like?  i guess what i'm saying is that having thoughts is one thing, but what happens when you have an urge to carry something out? Can OCD give you urges to do something wrong..... 

Can give you the thought and the urge doesn't mean your gonna do it but that's OCD for you I have had over the past 20 years urges to kill people that are close to me seem to come around every couple of years but I haven't ever acted on them it's like if your in a relationship and you see a fit bird and you get the urge and thought that you would like to have sex with them you don't go over and carry out on the urge work as well some one annoys you staff or customer you can see your self getting the urge to punch them you don't though it's just OCD makes you think your a bad person for having these thoughts but every one has them and most people don't pay attention to them but if you have OCD you ruminate on them as a compulsion 

The answer to the question is yes. An obsession is an intrusive thought, image, impulse, urge or feeling that causes distress and leads to compulsions. So yes, an obsession can be an urge.