OCD when clicking on things.

If I click on something, like opening a video game, while having an intrusive thought (they're mostly incest thoughts), I feel the game is now "contaminated" and I have to restart the game and reclick it without having an incestuous thought in order to make it right...

I guess the answer is to just click it on and then let it go, do exposure therapy.

I've noticed in the past that sometimes I get a weird thought then sort of automatically click on the button. It's like a nervous reaction or something, but my OCD has told me it's a response to the thought, meaning I "like it."

I am often nervous about clicking on things, online often incase I see a picture of a child (I question my motivation for reading an article on line for example) even if the article is not necessarily about children, I will often avoid an article about anything relating to a child as I know I would worry too much, which I suppose in itself is avoidance. I am talking general news and sport stories nothing untoward.

A similar thing happens if I see a woman who I may find attractive in the above scenario but could be late teens / early twenties as I worry incase they are actually a child and I didn't realise. Again I suppose this is avoidance along with rumination.

Yeah, if I'm scrolling through Facebook and see pictures of kids I worry I'm attracted to them. I then have to look at the pictures and make sure I don't feel any "urges."

4 hours ago, Ryukil said:

I then have to look

This is the compulsion part, Ryukil. You don't have to look, you're feeling a strong urge to look in the hope it will reduce your anxiety. Being aware of the difference puts you back in control and makes it easier to resist doing the compulsion. 

Ironic, isn't it, that you're giving in to one kind of urge to try to convince yourself you're not getting another kind of urge!