Pocd feeling extremly anxous leaving my home (Merged Threads)

Guest David green

Guest David green
7 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Great going David! Well done. Hope the appointment was helpful?

Reducing the venlafaxine as im sweating badly in my sleep plus it needs to be reduced anyway because im taking the mirtazapine.I really didnt think i would go as i didnt feel good it happens a lot not thinking ill make appointments.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David green

When my anxiety went really high when i see the push chair i got really worried and scared it was a horrible feeling very scary.

1 minute ago, David green said:

When my anxiety went really high when i see the push chair i got really worried and scared it was a horrible feeling very scary.

Well done David. The more you expose yourself to the anxiety-inducing stimuli, the less anxiety you will feel. It may take a while but it will hand you back your life.

Guest David green

Heard neighbours kids out the front then heard others with them talking about me still can here them on and off.Im really scared

Edited by David green

Hi Davd.  I've been registered on this site for a month or two. I remember from one of your earlier posts that you had something similar with your neighbours. It could be your anxiety making you imagine you hear these things. What do you think? What did your psychiatrist say yesterday? I take medication and it could be that the switching of medication lessens your resistance to experiencing high anxiety. Remember that you can ring SLAM. I still think that you need to see a psychologist for CBT probably for quite a few months. I think that you should be angling for this with your CMHT. Did you manage to contact Lambeth and Southwark Mind?

Guest David green

I hope im just hearing things the psychiatrist was changing my meds i asked what withdrawls he said ill feel jittery and anxous i said about the brain zaps but havent had them yet i do get them if ive missed a dose.CHMT are waiting for the meds to stablise before cbt i didnt contact mind.

I was going to pop out for another ride later but because it was so hot i was drained and i do avoid my neighbors i hardly see them because im worried about seeing there kids.I heard the kids rush back out then they were downstairs and i heard others with them.

David I know your struggles mate as I still have similar struggles myself.

I went to a restaurant today for my wedding anniversary and there was lots of kids there and then a beer garden with friends on a lovely sunny day and again lots of children.

I felt very uncomfortable in both situations but I wanted my wife and I to have a nice day so I stayed in the situations despite my inner turmoil. 

Edited by PhilM
Guest David green
15 hours ago, PhilM said:

David I know your struggles mate as I still have similar struggles myself.

I went to a restaurant today for my wedding anniversary and there was lots of kids there and then a beer garden with friends on a lovely sunny day and again lots of children.

I felt very uncomfortable in both situations but I wanted my wife and I to have a nice day so I stayed in the situations despite my inner turmoil. 

Happy anniversary how did you feel did it get better as time went on or stay the same

We all need to enter these feared situations as otherwise the OCD restricts our life. 

It would happily have stopped me leaving the house, ended my ability to work, had I let it - different theme, but still OCD, still working the same way. 

Avoidance is an unhelpful compulsion that strengthens the power of the disorder. 

It's why in therapy we all must learn whatever which way to see the " threats "as nothing but the work of OCD, not be aware of them and not get aroused by them. 

After successful therapy they don't intrude and don't threaten any more - our mind has been trained out of that. 

A way to go yet for you on this guys, but it is possible whatever the theme or manifestation of OCD. 

Guest David green
40 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Thank you. It got better in both situations although my wife said initially I looked very tense.

I can imagine i would of been the same if i was there it reaches that peak 

Guest David green

Dont know how im going to cope on the school holidays

Just popped out and panicked badly i see a group of kids crossing in front of me i was thinking they would jump out on me.Then the outside of a pub was packed and i panicked about that as i find crowds a problem dont know what has happened to my confidence.I still did manage to go to the shop but was in a bad way coming back.

The pubs are spilling out onto the streets and pub gardens and patios full given the hot weather. I imagine that you managed in previous spells of hot weather and you will manage again. How's your general mood given the switch in medication?

Guest David green
10 minutes ago, Angst said:

The pubs are spilling out onto the streets and pub gardens and patios full given the hot weather. I imagine that you managed in previous spells of hot weather and you will manage again. How's your general mood given the switch in medication?

I do have a problem with crowds and open spaces down to the agoraphobia i have managed to go for rides i just hope that stays the same.My mood is low i felt anxiety just a while ago when i was looking at the traffick but then it went.Hope to increase the new anti depressant soon up to 30mg im on 15mg mirtazapine.

Guest David green

just was in tescos there was kids at the till i really did feel uneasy i know i have to do this but was worried what the staff where thinking and the security guard.I told myself the more i do it the better it will be but im left with thinking what the shop staff thought.

52 minutes ago, David green said:

just was in tescos there was kids at the till i really did feel uneasy i know i have to do this but was worried what the staff where thinking and the security guard.I told myself the more i do it the better it will be but im left with thinking what the shop staff thought.

Well done David. Continue to be brave and you will succeed. The staff were doubtless thinking about their hangovers, or their relationship issues, or how much they hate their job. They will not have been thinking about you. With respect pal, you're just not that important!

Guest David green
1 hour ago, OceanDweller said:

Well done David. Continue to be brave and you will succeed. The staff were doubtless thinking about their hangovers, or their relationship issues, or how much they hate their job. They will not have been thinking about you. With respect pal, you're just not that important!

Thanks od i could of walked out the shop but stayed in there.I felt very unpatient i know im going to get a lot of this on the school holidays and it does feel very hard.I have still been able to do rides around the block i think im prone to high anxiety in the evening because im coming off the venlafaxine.

Remember David whatever our theme of OCD, it's the irrational negative false core belief that causes the revulsion plus anxiety - add in the mind-reading cognitive distortion OCD says  you think others think about you, and that is what constitutes your problem. 

Your core belief is one - like mine, harm - where it suggests we are something contrary to our true core values. 

I know this in my case, I know my true core values so I know the lie that is the OCD core belief. I can see all of this, and currently I then refocus away and don't dwell on it. 

It (OCD) works in this way whatever the theme or manifestation. Take comfort from that and look to build up resistance and face it off. 

You did brilliantly staying in the shop - look after yourself (no 1) and don't let this thing trick you into mind-reading what it says others may be thinking about you. 

Switch off from thinking about others,and you will throw a spanner into the OCD works :)

Guest David green
1 hour ago, taurean said:

Remember David whatever our theme of OCD, it's the irrational negative false core belief that causes the revulsion plus anxiety - add in the mind-reading cognitive distortion OCD says  you think others think about you, and that is what constitutes your problem. 

Your core belief is one - like mine, harm - where it suggests we are something contrary to our true core values. 

I know this in my case, I know my true core values so I know the lie that is the OCD core belief. I can see all of this, and currently I then refocus away and don't dwell on it. 

It (OCD) works in this way whatever the theme or manifestation. Take comfort from that and look to build up resistance and face it off. 

You did brilliantly staying in the shop - look after yourself (no 1) and don't let this thing trick you into mind-reading what it says others may be thinking about you. 

Switch off from thinking about others,and you will throw a spanner into the OCD works :)

Thanks i know when my ocd wasnt as bad i didnt let what people may think bother me.I do feel very vulnerable 

Edited by David green