Collecting plastic

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You can throw them away. There is nothing preventing you from doing so except you. And it's understandable that your partner doesn't understand. It doesn't make sense. There's no legitimate reason to keep a bunch of plastic.

I suspect you have hoarding disorder, which left unchecked will likely get worse. The problem is anxiety. You don't want to throw stuff away out of fear of being anxious. Well, you will be anxious the first while, but it doesn't harm you. It feels bad but tends to dissipate over time.

My advice to you is start throwing out plastic, even in small quantities fir now, and resist the urge to hoard anymore.

3 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You can throw them away. There is nothing preventing you from doing so except you. And it's understandable that your partner doesn't understand. It doesn't make sense. There's no legitimate reason to keep a bunch of plastic.

I suspect you have hoarding disorder, which left unchecked will likely get worse. The problem is anxiety. You don't want to throw stuff away out of fear of being anxious. Well, you will be anxious the first while, but it doesn't harm you. It feels bad but tends to dissipate over time.

My advice to you is start throwing out plastic, even in small quantities fir now, and resist the urge to hoard anymore.

I tried throughing out bags I kept thinking about then in the bin when 6am came I had to rescue them from the bin truck

You can't do that if you want to get past this. Retrieving the plastic just helped to cement the idea in your head that you need to keep plastic.

You have to begin throwing it out. It's going to be hard but it can be done.