Hi every one I've had intrusive thoughts for over 20 years all about harming loved ones and Huge anxiety that's gone with them they tend to wax and wane every couple of years I had cbt years ago and it helps the thoughts army an issue any more I have them but I can see that there thoughts and I just let them carry on I've been on paroxitine 20 mg for 20 years tried to come of them by tapering once had a slight relapse and wasn't strong anouth at the time to carry on through this time I've had a relapse for a couple of weeks I'm having feelings of unesyness and feelings like I'm not me anymore but that I don't get all the time just wondering if any one has felt the same thanks for listening guys ?

Hi Gareth,

You say you've been successful with CBT in the past. This relapse can be managed in the same way as before. Accept the thoughts are just thoughts and have no meaning. Then let them be and carry on with your day. You've done it before and you can do it again. :) 

Remember to watch out for any sneaky compulsions you might be doing that keep the thoughts active and nip those in the bud. 

Hiya polar bear thank you so much for the reply.im not really getting any thoughts I did a couple of weeks ago and I coped with them really well(very proud with my self as they normally cripple me when I relapse)it's this weird sensation that's the problem.i feel permanently tired and kinda have moments were I think I need to to check my phone for a date or a message or credit card app.and find myself looking at the screen and having to really back track why I was checking my phone because I'd forgot.and then just a strange sensation of uneasiness.hope to speak to you soon

gareth x

It doesn't sound like it's the end if the world. So you're having some weird feelings. Chock it up to life and get on with your day. You pick up your phone then dint remember why you did? Simple. Put the phone down, get on with what you were doing and forget about it.

Sitting there ruminating over why you feel the way you do is not going to help. It's only going to make things worse.