almost gonna throw it all away

Yesterday i went an bought quite alot of meat, when i arrived home i put all of it in the freezer.

Somehow today the freezer got stuck with an excessive amount of ice so i took out the meat and cleared up the freezer this took about 25 mins. after that ive put back the meat into the freezer, but now im wondering is this maybe harmfull?

I checked the meat before putting it back and it still was frozen, but had some dew on the package.

This meat is meant for a bbq this friday, and im afraid people might be getting sick.

Or am i overreacting right now and do 25 mins on the kitchen counter not matter so much?

I feel like it might be better to throw away all the meat and buy new, even tough the meat still felt frozen when i put it back. somehow my mid keeps telling me people might get sick from it, and that it would be my fault.

My wife is telling me i should not worry and that the meat is still good.

Could throwing it away and buying new meat be a compulsion?

Edited by Ironborn

It would most definitely be a compulsion. So you talked to your wife about it, which was reassurance seeking. Then you came here. More reassurance seeking. Now what are you going to do?

Edited by PolarBear

The meat was still frozen, which means it is still good. But I suggest you throw it away. This act islike taking a tablet. After you throw it away, the problem will come to an end and will not haunt you anymore. Of course, you will still meet similarproblems in the future.

Symptoms of patients with OCD are always changing. There are few patients who have immutable symptoms. I think you should reflect onyourself. When you are afraid of the problem now,where are your past problems? The past problemswere not solved. You just forgot them. So when the new problems appear, can you also wait a while? Don't worry about them. Don't identify with them. Just wait for symptoms to disappear on their own.

3 hours ago, Yihew Therapy said:

The meat was still frozen, which means it is still good. But I suggest you throw it away. This act islike taking a tablet. After you throw it away, the problem will come to an end and will not haunt you anymore. Of course, you will still meet similarproblems in the future.

Symptoms of patients with OCD are always changing. There are few patients who have immutable symptoms. I think you should reflect onyourself. When you are afraid of the problem now,where are your past problems? The past problemswere not solved. You just forgot them. So when the new problems appear, can you also wait a while? Don't worry about them. Don't identify with them. Just wait for symptoms to disappear on their own.

Im rather confused right now, do you mean i should go with my ocd and throw all the meat away? 

How would that benefit me and my ocd? 

I know ive been asking about this for reassurance, while knowing that the best exposure would be to just throw the meat on the bbq tomorrow to see nothing bad comes from it. 

But your suggestion to throw it all away because that will solve the problem seems to go against what you would expect as advise here on the forum. 

11 hours ago, PolarBear said:

It would most definitely be a compulsion. So you talked to your wife about it, which was reassurance seeking. Then you came here. More reassurance seeking. Now what are you going to do?

I guess the best thing i could do is go through it. Use it as an exposure situation. 

Onthe other side my mind is going nuts, and i also have already searched the inet what would be good and healthy when meat is out of the freezer, and yes i know the endless searching on the inet are also compulsions, but somehow i cannot seem to get a definitive answer to this question. I feel as if i should  take the meat to a lab and make them do an test to see if there may have multiplied any bacteria on the meat surface. 

Edited by Ironborn

By now i think today i already asked about 5 to 10 diffrent people if the meat would  still be ok to eat after having it put back in te freezer for being out of it for 25 minutes. 

I even called 2 butchers and asked them, they all said its ok. 

But i just dont seem to feel any better, i still seem to feel something is off. 

And if people would get sick its my fault, i even have thoughts of people dying due to eating the meat, why on earth is my mind doin this to me??? Before i was haunted by ocd i would not even have worried about this for longer then 5 seconds. 

Edited by Ironborn

You most definitely should NOT throw the meat away. It would be a major compulsion and a sheer waste of money.

Yes, searching on the Internet was a compulsion. Calling the butchers was a compulsion. All the ruminating you have been doing is a compulsion.

Do you think, for one minute, that the average person out there goes through all the turmoil you have over meat sitting out for 25 minutes?? Of course not! Everyone else on the planet would have put the meat back and promptly forgotten about it.

You have to recognize that anxiety is driving this situation for you. You want a definitive answer so you can get rid of rhe anxiety. That's OCD in a nutshell.

Leave it alone. Work hard to stop the compulsions. This has already gotten out of hand and will continue to do so as long as you keep reacting to your disorder.