Medication update

Just been for my fortnightly review with my GP and we agreed to stick with 8mg for another fortnight as - despite yesterday - I'm still a bit up and down. I actually thought I'd been on 8mg for four weeks when it's actually been two so I'm not as disappointed with myself as I thought I would be. Hopefully on June 2nd I'll be down to 7mg.

Best wishes, Phil

Actually yesterday was really good apart from the dentist but in general it is quite tough coming off tranquillisers with expected and unexpected side effects and still having to deal with OCD. However, both are becoming more manageable with some pockets of turbulence....

Best wishes,

Phil

The weird thing to deal with is sudden extremes of emotion. For example, today feeling ok and then panicky feelings and feeling tearful for no apparent reason. Of course I know the reason - tranquilliser withdrawal I think. Not pleasant but par for the course.

Fear is a horrible emotion - of course.

After a period of feeling relatively (I'm talking generally) "well" powerful emotions can, in my view, make a person worry/ wonder if they have gone backwards.

It is also difficult, again just my view, for some people to talk about the horrors they experienced. I understand that.

On a personal level I now understand why my mum as loving and caring as she is can only talk about tranquillisers in a very limited way. Despite her inner strength and 30 years off the pills the subject is still too painful to discuss. 

Best wishes, Phil.

I agree with lost, no doubt it's a withdrawal symptom. Very unpleasant but the gain will come after the pain Phil. 

Let me know in the sport thread who you think will secure the 4th place in the Premiership and a champions league place.

All the best 

Roy 

I feel tired a lot as well. My wife thinks I sleep more than I used to but I have very restless nights and feel hot and clammy. More withdrawal symptoms I think.

I agree. Seems likely withdrawal symptoms. Won't it be great when you can leave all those behind? And hopefully sleep patterns will then settle down too. 

You are doing really well Phil, really really well and we are here for you. 

Roy 

Another restless night. I was thinking about OCD a lot - not my OCD or distress but OCD in general. I had something in mind that I wanted to post but I've forgotten it now!