In a daze ...

Guest Paul92

Guest Paul92

Hi everyone,

I appreciate what I am about to write might sound really needy and pathetic. But I need to let it all out. It's not particularly OCD related either. 

A few of you might remember my posts for the other week. Well, I sort of made a move for a girl that I have liked for a long time. In short, it didn't go so well.

But I'm not in a huge state of anxiety. The last time I felt like this was when my mind decided to latch onto something in the past .. I went into complete meltdown for a few weeks. 

I don't know why I'm anxious. But I can't settle. I'm just so upset. Can being upset bring on anxiety? This is not something I've experienced before. No appetite, nervous stomach, tired, achy, shortness of breath. I don't know how I even managed to get out of bed this morning. What's more, I'm up at 5am to go to France in the morning. I was looking forward to my holiday, but now, I'd rather stay in bed all week!

Weeks of obsessing, thinking, worrying, expending energy, for nothing. I'm absolutely crushed. 

Edited by Paul92

Hi Paul! I'm really sorry it didn't go too well for u and the girl u like, just wanted to say that yes, absolutely being upset can bring on or exacerbate anxiety, your defences are down and u are emotionally vulnerable. A good idea is to remind yourself that nothing lasts forever and this anxiety WILL go down! In the mean time please don't succumb to laying in bed etc because that will do nothing but pull u into a more intense episode in the long run, I think it's great ur going to France, u may not feel like it but I think the distraction will be great for u and give u something else to focus on. Feel better soon and have a lovely time ?? Xx