So the last few days my pocd has been back. Yesterday i had the worst panic attack i've had in around 2-3 years. I couldn't breathe, fights were happening in my head, i felt claustraphobic- like i just needed to get out my house ( 1. I didn't really want to and 2. I was in my PJs aha). I just wasn't thinking clearly. I tried to distract myself by doing housework, that sort of calmed me down. I then phoned a friend which did help. But i'm terrified, i feel like my mind is always on guard 24/7. 

In my calm moment- i tried to talk myself down. I told myself it's anxiety. I have had a lot going on and i'm due to go back to work next week which is also nervewracking. I just wish i could listen to my own advice. 

So perhaps the best question we can ask you, is what are you doing to deal with the OCD?    

Distraction techniques are fine, but they won't deal with the OCD, which is why we have to tackle the OCD (not the P part). 

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So perhaps the best question we can ask you, is what are you doing to deal with the OCD?    

Distraction techniques are fine, but they won't deal with the OCD, which is why we have to tackle the OCD (not the P part). 

Hi Ashley. I've been dealing with it fine for a while now. If i had a thought i would just think "well that's silly" and forget about it and move on. But these past few days, even with the same attitude, I haven't been able to. 

It's great you found a way to deal with it, but forgive me I fear that approach is a temporary solution that simply sweeps the problem under the carpet, hence the relapse. 

Obviously I may be wrong, but I wonder if that approach is merely dismissing it rather than actually challenging and dealing with it head on, I.e exploring the cognitive and doing behavioural.   May be worth reviewing the approach, perhaps by speaking to a therapist.