Hello,

A lot of times when someone asks me something and I feel like I don’t want to disappoint them with my answer, and or I am afraid for their reaction I tend to say what people want to hear.

I have got a past of being not honest a lot, I have lied a lot from when I was a kid up to like 4 – 5 years ago.

Whenever I now catch myself being not completely honest I get really anxious about it and I start feeling really guilty. A good example happened just about an hour ago, at work I was at a meeting, and I sat there because my chef was not present at the moment so I sat at the meeting on his behalf.

suddenly someone asked me a question which I felt like I should have known the answer for, but I did not knew the answer, I instantly felt bad and got afraid what they might think of me and maybe my chef so I sort of lied about it and said it was ok.

After the meeting I started feeling really guilty and bad because I figured I did not knew the whole answer, and I may have been wrong, but I just answered what they wanted to hear out of fear.

Now I feel like such a bad person, I just want to call them up and apologize about it and tell them I lied, to see their reaction if they might forgive me.

I have these obsessions about being honest and true every day in and out, and it really is having its toll on me, most of all I get really mad at myself, I just keep beating myself up for this.