Can ocd be literally about anything? Over the past week I've developed a new problem that's led to a huge amount of anxiety an has made me not feel my normal self. 

The certain thought is about music, my mum says at times I'm immature and say stupid things or say for instance sing or make up a song with silly words to it. One of the intrusive thoughts is about schizophrenia and commands so I have this fear that I might hear a voice telling me to do something but it's now led onto the fear that I'd sing something in my head and make up intrusive lyrics as I was used to saying things in my mind in a command form if that makes sense? It's really stressing me out 

14 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

You seem to know what your obsessions are. What about compulsions? What do you do in response to the intrusive thoughts? 

I've been good the past few months but during these past 2 weeks my anxiety has been sky high I had the fear I was going back to my worst at one point today.

i know my compulsions they include coming onto this forum for reassurance and getting reassurance from family but because I haven't had certain intrusive thoughts in so long I've felt it's been hard opening up and going on about them to my family which makes me feel bad for not telling them 

49 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

You don't have to tell them about every intrusive thought.

I know polarbear but when I get new thoughts they cause me distress and send my anxiety sky high 

Not long ago, I suffered from this theme, since August to be more certain.

Let me tell you that I never went insane. I want you to keep this in mind.

This is all OCD. I can tell you tons of reasons why you aren't in fact schizophrenic, but I bet you've heard them all.

1 hour ago, Kieran123 said:

I know polarbear but when I get new thoughts they cause me distress and send my anxiety sky high 

Does your anxiety go away forever when you tell them? Of course not. Therefore, telling them does no good.