Hi, I've had this obsession with schizophrenia and voices in the past but I've learnt to understand that I'm not hearing anything and that it's the intrusive thoughts that affect me. However ive developed a new obsession of worrying that I'll start hearing voices but in a complex way and it's scaring me as i haven't seen anyone else out something up that is similar. I have this fear that I'll replace the lyrics in a song with intrusive words like "kill" or "I want you to.. harm you.." so I'll just be singing a song in my head an I'll change the lyrics to something that relates to intrusive thoughts if that makes sense. I know I'm not going mad and I don't hear voices but this one problem has really affected me the past 2 weeks 

It's all OCD. Your mind is playing tricks on you. I had the same - constant mind chatter with horrible words and phrases such as the example you've given. It's extremely scary but you do need to treat it as an OCD thought. Remember the more attention you pay to it the stronger it can become! 

21 minutes ago, Miranda123 said:

It's all OCD. Your mind is playing tricks on you. I had the same - constant mind chatter with horrible words and phrases such as the example you've given. It's extremely scary but you do need to treat it as an OCD thought. Remember the more attention you pay to it the stronger it can become! 

Thanks Miranda I really do hope so because it isn't half putting me down 

Back when I was suffering from this theme, I read all the syptoms, and consequently, I began to have them all in "poor manner".

Now I can say aloud that it wasn't Schizo, it was OCD.

Try distracting yourself, don't think about it.

And btw, you don't become Schizo just for obssesing over the disease. Carry on with your life

Edited by PAVLIS97
mistakes
13 hours ago, Kieran123 said:

Thanks Miranda I really do hope so because it isn't half putting me down 

Ok, so now you have been given some information (possibly reassurance, but we'll let that slide as information more than reassurance), what next Kieran?  What do you plan to do next to help yourself?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Ok, so now you have been given some information (possibly reassurance, but we'll let that slide as information more than reassurance), what next Kieran?  What do you plan to do next to help yourself?

Try and stop seeking reassurance I've, it's been a really stressful two weeks for me. I'm seeking more therapy which I think will help 

Both are excellent strategies moving forward Kieran.  If you can't stop seeking reassurance, try and be mindful of when you're doing it and try and reduce for now if possible (including self-reassurance).  I guess I was checking that you had considered accessing therapy, great to see :)

I keep getting songs stuck in my head like they're literally sticking, I have this fear of schizophrenia which I know I don't have but the new thoughts are stressing me out 

say for instance thers a song that goes " I want you to take over control " I keep changing the lyrics in my head to intrusive words and horrible words like " kill " asif it's commands if that makes sense. I understand that they're s a theme of ocd which is called like your internal voice an is different to command hallucinations which is common in schizophrenia, I'm repeating the same phrase or lyrics over in mind like a ritual it's doing my head in