5 hours ago, Robbo2u said:

Why do I still feel so anxious even when the horrible thoughts don't appear to be there ????

I'm like this too, I don't know wether going such a long time on high alert when the thoughts were present has just conditioned me to feel anxious a lot of the time for seemingly no reason! It's rubbish but the best we can do is continue as we normally would despite those feelings, and gradually they lessen down.xx

Yes I agree. It becomes a default position in our minds and bodies. I think the answer is the same as when experiencing depression. Be active, do things and plan for enjoyable experiences a number of times in the day. Even though your mood leads to inertia. (talking about myself here). Mood zone on the NHS Choice site also has a good relaxation exercise.

I aso have this quite often. Having a general feeling of discomfort and anxiety. Like something bad is going to happen soon.

But like Angst said, think this has become a default positon in the brain.a

I often have the same thing or at least similar thing, I suspect it's cos OCD causes anxiety almost constantly to varying degrees, I feel like I run out of adrenalin or whatever chemical/s it is and I can suddenly feel very down without there being any obvious OCD themes on my mind at that point. It almost to me feels like a heavy cloud has descended on me and it makes me feel very down and anxious. This often strikes after a particularly 'bad' episode of OCD.

I can often feel tearful when this happens too, it does tend to pass eventually but it's a horrid frame of mind to be in.