Only The Sky Need Be Our Limit!

Many people join the forums in a state of despair and great need. 

And you will find lots of help just by clicking on the link to the OCD-UK charity's website - apart from the sharing of information here with other sufferers, the very people you know will understand your issues. 

But I wanted to say that even though we may be sufferers from OCD,  it does not mean we are unhelpable, can't get better can't achieve dreams. 

I wanted to :

Go to college

Work in a decent profession 

Get professionally qualified 

Get married 

Own our own property 

Find ways if need be of enjoying my work, feeling fulfilled. 

I have achieved all of these, despite being an OCD sufferer. If we find out how the disorder works, and what we can do about it and how to do that, then many of us can go on to achieve at least some, if not all, of our dreams. 

We are only beaten if we allow ourselves to be :)

I Did have job over eleven years ago helping my uncle who was a builder. but i was also at my worst with my mental health there and the though of working in stressful job i don’t think i could do it now. wasn’t getting help then so. won’t want to work in factory or or helping building anymore. i would sooner likely want to work in an office. i have got computer skills and have done computer courses in the past.  

A lot of us feel failures because of the effect the disorder has on us, not least on our confidence. 

I refused to let it hurt me in this way.

For example, when attending a seminar or lecture, I refused to allow myself to act as a "shrinking violet" if struggling with OCD and, when it came to questions, I made sure I put up my hand, asked one, and engaged with the speaker while he answered it. 

Edited by taurean