Disorder that mimics ocd??

I had a medical review with a psychiatrist and he said I may have something that characterisers OCD and is very similar.

he reckons because I have the paranoia (thinking people are speaking about me and really bad thoughts) that I need to go on anti psychotic drugs. 

How can you fight something you don't know any more? I always thought I might of not had OCD and it was something else and now, I guess it is.

does anyone know what is like OCD and has similar patterns because I don't. 

Nope. Strange that your psychiatrist didn't out and out tell you what he thinks you've got. Paranoia is not unusual in extreme cases of OCD and the fact you have bad thoughts means nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone with OCD has bad thoughts.

Yeah that's what I thought polarbear. I'm fighting this as if I have OCD as it's all I've ever know to have and was diagnosed with it, now this psychiatrist and cpn says it's not and I've asked them just to come out and tell me what they think I have, I don't think anti psychotic drugs will help as I told him "no pill alone will cure me, I need cbt etc", didn't really listen to me.