Anyone wake up scared in the morning

Guest David green

2 minutes ago, OceanDweller said:

Are you waking up scared or are your first thoughts of each day causing you to feel that way?

Good question OD. I used to wake up scared because of my first (ocd) thoughts of the day. Now I'm just grouchy because of tranquilliser withdrawal and not taking pills to help/make me sleep but I get up straight away instead of staying in bed ruminating. Sorry if I've gone off on a tangent.

Guest David green

Im not sure tbh i just feel real scared at times i wish i wasnt alive then have thoughts of harming myself.If thats ok to say?

It would be great if i could stop this happening i dont think its ever happened before

Edited by David green
Guest David green

I woke up today and it was the thought of bumping into my neighbours with there kids that scared me.Ive avoided them since i moved in & after getting them urges i dont know how ill be.

59 minutes ago, David green said:

I woke up today and it was the thought of bumping into my neighbours with there kids that scared me.Ive avoided them since i moved in & after getting them urges i dont know how ill be.

So it is the thoughts that are triggering the fear David. CBT'll cure what ails ya.

As always OD I'm on the same page as you but I think David can make some ground on his own before any formal treatment starts as I learnt. Not exactly a "eureka!" moment but somehow I stopped taking a lot of the thoughts so seriously over a period of time with (ongoing) ups and downs. Best wishes, Phil.

2 hours ago, PhilM said:

As always OD I'm on the same page as you but I think David can make some ground on his own before any formal treatment starts as I learnt. Not exactly a "eureka!" moment but somehow I stopped taking a lot of the thoughts so seriously over a period of time with (ongoing) ups and downs. Best wishes, Phil.

As per Phil's recommendation David, what can you be doing for yourself until your therapy begins?

Guest David green
8 minutes ago, OceanDweller said:

As per Phil's recommendation David, what can you be doing for yourself until your therapy begins?

I try to get out round the block twice a day and go to the shop now waiting on increasing the anti depreassant

Guest David green

Yeah im trying to get out on and off but this scared feeling i dont know what i can do about it it really does get a grip of me.I did mention it before and its still happening i wished it would just stop.Im telling myself im going to bump into my neighbors eventually.Its real horrible this ilness the neighbors have always been good its me thats changed.

Edited by David green

Hi David. It sounds as if in OCD speak you are 'avoiding' a situation which you feel could be upsetting. It is something which I am doing myself at the moment with one of my neighbours. I want her to agree to a meeting, with three others, as one of the co-owners of my block of flats.  I feel that I have a lot riding on getting a meeting. And I am worried that it might go wrong. I think that your heading towards a solution by saying it's you that's changed. Too much avoiding can build up tension. That's what I find. Dealing with a fears isn't always easy especially if your a worrier like me.

Yeah I get this from time to time....hadn't happened for years....then only 2 weeks ago woke up scares again. .stomach churning..no appetite . Was dreading having the compulsions and thoughts that had bugged me the day before.....but being a postman helps big time....there'll be periods too busy delivering that the thoughts and compulsions disappear. ..

Guest David green
7 minutes ago, Tulsas said:

Yeah I get this from time to time....hadn't happened for years....then only 2 weeks ago woke up scares again. .stomach churning..no appetite . Was dreading having the compulsions and thoughts that had bugged me the day before.....but being a postman helps big time....there'll be periods too busy delivering that the thoughts and compulsions disappear. ..

Ok so im not on my own i just need to stop it some how but i did just here one of the neighbors kids outside and did feel scared.

Guest David green
2 hours ago, Angst said:

Hi David. It sounds as if in OCD speak you are 'avoiding' a situation which you feel could be upsetting. It is something which I am doing myself at the moment with one of my neighbours. I want her to agree to a meeting, with three others, as one of the co-owners of my block of flats.  I feel that I have a lot riding on getting a meeting. And I am worried that it might go wrong. I think that your heading towards a solution by saying it's you that's changed. Too much avoiding can build up tension. That's what I find. Dealing with a fears isn't always easy especially if your a worrier like me.

I do wake up worrying about allsorts and i am a worrier i just wish i could sort this out.

Edited by David green
Guest David green
11 minutes ago, PhilM said:

You will. Just try and be a bit kinder to yourself and remember the thoughts despite how scary are not you my friend

Thanks phill before was fine but now its different.But b4 was all avoidance.

So can you not remember how differently you responded to the thoughts? I have had the weirdest things going on in my head for 22+ years and now I know IT IS NOT ME it is OCD. I don't know how old you are David but you can move on with therapy (best option) or on your own bit a bit of confidence.

5 hours ago, David green said:

Ok so im not on my own i just need to stop it some how but i did just here one of the neighbors kids outside and did feel scared.

Believe me with 6 billion people on this earth your not the only one David. ..the thought process is what starts of this scared feeling...I even get tingling in my legs when at my worse when I wake...don't even want to open my eyes some mornings...

Guest David green
13 hours ago, PhilM said:

So can you not remember how differently you responded to the thoughts? I have had the weirdest things going on in my head for 22+ years and now I know IT IS NOT ME it is OCD. I don't know how old you are David but you can move on with therapy (best option) or on your own bit a bit of confidence.

Im 44 i used to know when they were in and out and avoid them so it was easier to cope with plus i used wireless headphones during the school rush.we are just waiting on the anti depressant to work at the moment.I know you said it may not work but im just hoping really.

Edited by David green

Try not worry to much David if the meds work or not. It's still achievable to do without the meds, I can't take medication so I don't have a choice, but you can still do this in baby steps, I've come along way on my journey and I believe you can too. Your showing determination and doing things you didn't think possible so well done your doing well.

I hope the medication DOES help you. However, you are never going to be able to avoid children entirely or block the noise of children. You/I/we need to work on confidence building and reinforce the truth - the thoughts are not you/I/we and are not suggestive of intent BUT fear.

Guest David green
26 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Try not worry to much David if the meds work or not. It's still achievable to do without the meds, I can't take medication so I don't have a choice, but you can still do this in baby steps, I've come along way on my journey and I believe you can too. Your showing determination and doing things you didn't think possible so well done your doing well.

Thanks lostinme

Phil's point is spot on. 

I would have been restricted to home by OCD if I had let it. But I didn't fought it and kept going. 

When our CEO Ashley was really bad with contamination OCD it threatened to do that to him  Yet he got working on it, founded and runs our charity and has done lands end to John O'groats each way by bike. 

When I go out now things that can trigger me remain, but I am not noticing them. 

Phil. David, lost - it is possible to switch off that thinking pattern that scans for then drags us to triggers then makes us believe the false meaning OCD gives to them. I know it is. 

Edited by taurean