Guilt and shame after drinking

Yesterday night i went out with a good friend of mine, and i had way to much to drink, and now i feel terrible for how i acted. 

At some point i had a dry mouth and im not sure why and i know it sounds gross but a couple of times id just had to spit on the ground in the bar, i remember spitting towards a fire hose, and at one point also accidently towards a person's legs. And right now im just loaded witb guilt and shame, why did i do this? 

I feel like such a horrible person, especially after a night of drinking. 

That is why ive just made the decision to stop drinking totally. But on the other hand would that not be giving into a compulsion? 

9 minutes ago, Ironborn said:

why did i do this? 

Because you were drunk.

9 minutes ago, Ironborn said:

ive just made the decision to stop drinking totally. But on the other hand would that not be giving into a compulsion? 

No. I think this is a common misconception amongst OCD sufferers. If being intoxicated causes you to behave in ways about which you're ashamed, then stop getting intoxicated. It has nothing to do with compulsions. It's just common sense.

Im just feeling so guilty, i remember apologizing towarda some workers there, and the door man,  ut i still feel bad and i still want to, call up the bar and apologize for it. My stomach is just turning bad from anxiety and guilt right now.