Constantly crying

What are you doing immediately before you start crying, Bruce?

I'd wager my life savings you're ruminating on your perceived failures, beating yourself up mentally, telling yourself it's hopeless. :dry: 

All things which we've discussed at great length as factors which maintain your depression. :( 

When you become tearful what do you do? 

Do you continue the same behavioural pattern as before, ruminating on how bad everything is for you, feeling sorry for yourself, wallowing in your misery? :dry: 

Or do you apply CBT interventions; attempt to change your thinking and alter your behavioural responses? :) 

Do you remind yourself the feeling of hopelessness is only there because you've told yourself repeatedly there's no hope? Do you immediately disengage from your ruminations and switch your thoughts to other matters? Do you withdraw from people, or try to build the social connections which will ultimately lift your spirits? Do you resolve you're going to help yourself out of the rut you're in, or wait passively for a miracle to be bestowed upon you? 

Feelings don't just happen. They are the result of what we think about and how we choose to behave in response to those thoughts. Feelings can be changed, but you have to choose to change them. 

Guest David green
On 6/15/2017 at 07:13, bruces said:

Experiencing such high levels of confusion :( 

I had this bruce when i tried doing what i did before i became unwell and i was just totally confused when before it would be just straight forward.I thought it was to do with me stopping alcohol i dont know but i was also very stressed and anxious around that time.Doing a meal was also very stressful to but thats got better.