The best thing is of course CBT for OCD! 

We need to understand why we have the thoughts and urges we do, how OCD operates the same way whatever the theme, and the thinking and behavioural changes we need to make to disarm the power of the OCD thinking, and stop compulsing. 

Can a supplement do that?  Of course it cannot. 

I agree, the key to curing OCD is CBT and it's the best thing I ever did.

I used to have OCD so bad that I couldn't even drive to work, because I would always think I would run someone over. It once got so bad, that I believed the only way I could protect my family (I had harm OCD) from the risk of me lashing out was to try and take my own life so they could be safe. Oh boy, that's when it got ridiculously bad. I'm now cured BTW. Without having any meds.

Trust me when I say CBT works. Now I can go out with confidence and my head held high! It is very hard work but if you make time, do the work and put in the effort you will feel back in control.

It gives us the tools to create new path ways in our brain that teaches us that compulsions actually aren't needed, and by not performing them doesn't mean a danger will occur.

Medication does help some people. But the main and most important way to deal with this is CBT, with a good CBT therapist who understands OCD and it's effects.

19 hours ago, MarkOVDVersion said:

Anyone ever had any personal experience with taking Inositol for OCD x

I hear a lot of good things about it but not tried it myself yet, i am not one to just dive in with alternative treatments but i am always open minded

It's been discussed on the forum a lot (try searching), but the consensus was no.