OCD and depersonalisation

has anyone here suffered Harm OCD and depersonalisation at the same time. I know the thoughts and feelings arent real and will never happen but always feel like im believing them. walk around feeling like a total stranger to myself,go to doctor telling them i need to go into hospital when i know deep down i dont and these bloody horrible thoughts and feelings will go away. How the hell do i stop going round and round in circles and stop having to reassure myself. feel like im constantly bewildered.

Depersonalisation is very common amongst anxiety disorder sufferers. I've experienced walking down the street and feel like I'm walking among ghosts - does that make sense? It's from living so much within that it's common to becoming detached from what's going on around us.

The gold standard treatment as you may know is Cognitive Behavourial Therapy - that's what you need to push your GP to refer you for. Best wishes, Phil.

Hi Phil thanks for the reply,I'm currently going private with a CBT therapist and she is great,just struggling with the anxiety and horrible thoughts at the minute. Therapist reckons once we tackle the thoughts and anxiety that the depersonalisation will go,I know deep down that it will but it's a nightmare,feeling lost in myself my own house etc. Totally irrational thinking

Yes I'm in a constant state of depersonalisation I really don't know my own identity or what my likes and dislikes are.

i don't know if my memory's are my own or if I've seen them on the telly or something,very unpleasant.