what should i do now?

hello all.

Recently due to personal stress withing my marriage my ocd is flaring up big time.

About an hour ago while i was doing some stuff in the kitchen i heard a bird making alot of noise. so i looked outside and saw that one of our cats had a small bird in its mouth and meanwhile the bird was making this hard noise. the cat came running for the door to take the bird inside, but i quickly shut the door since i dont want any dead birds in my house.

the cat took about 20 - 30 sec to kill the bird, but meanwhile i was getting this upset feeling in my stomach from this birds screaming. once it was quiet i went outside to check if the bird was dead, but the cat did not want me anywhere near it.

Immediatly after the whole thing i started feeling extremely guilty, and now i feel as if i killed the bird myself and that i am a terrible person. why did i not try and get the bird free? this is what is going trough my mind the whole time, im feeling like such a bad person, i feel as ifi maybe could have prevented the birds death by trying to get it free and calling in an animal ambulance.

Im just in total panic mode right now, and i feel as if ive done something horrible.

If the bird had been in your mouth I could see your point. Other than that...

Try to leave this alone. Cats were killing birds long before you showed up. Watch your ruminating. Sitting there overthinking this is not going to do any good but will send you further diwn the OCD rabbit hole.