Opinions on 'pulling the trigger' method?

Hello everyone. 

I hope you're all doing okay. 

I'm currently on the road to recovery (still a difficult journey not going to lie but I'm a lot better than I was.) Just wanting people's opinions on Adam Shaw's pulling the trigger method?

He states in his book that you need to bring on the OCD and let it know you're not scared, it can say whatever it wants just re manage your reactions to the thoughts. Look it straight in the face and not be scared of it. 

He also writes about an acceptance, embrace and compassion approach which is interesting. Where you accept what your mind is doing but just watch it, embrace the thoughts by just seeing them as what they are (meaningless thoughts), and show compassion for yourself by being kind to yourself. Then introduce positive attitude and activities in to your life to allow the anxiety to go down. 

I must say this book is hitting it right on the head for me. Him and his therapist (who co wrote this book) have got it down to a tee. Not bad for a man who was ready to throw himself off a bridge because his ocd got that bad, is it? He is now fully recovered.

If you haven't read it, recovered or not, I highly recommend it!!! 

Pulling the trigger by Adam Shaw and Lauren Callaghan ?

Edited by snowbear
Removed 'spike warning'