Hi all, just a quick question. It's been near enough a year since my Intrusive thoughts started with their being pretty much a wide range of different themes mostly Harm OCD, POCD and obsessions about schizophrenia. I went on holiday around this time last year and had a really bad experience as my intrusive thoughts were at their worst point as I didn't have any understanding of OCD as a whole so I was experiencing a lot of intrusive thoughts which made me think I was a horrible person and made me panic, due to this I feel like my anxiety has increased a lot the past few days as I go back on holiday throughout next week and to the same place as last year, so my question is can anxiety flare up when thinking back to places you've been or say for example having memories of certain intrusive thoughts I experienced whilst on holiday as I feel like certain thoughts are coming back stronger when I think more about the holiday and it's making my anxiety increase a lot which is making me nervous in case I spoil the holiday for myself and my family, any help would be much appreciated.

You associate that place with a bad experience. Now you're ruminating over it, wondering if it's going to be the same this year, and you're likely twisting yourself up in knots in the process. You could very well have a bad time this go around if you focus on that. Instead, become determined that everything will be find and start to look forward to this year's holiday.

22 hours ago, PolarBear said:

You associate that place with a bad experience. Now you're ruminating over it, wondering if it's going to be the same this year, and you're likely twisting yourself up in knots in the process. You could very well have a bad time this go around if you focus on that. Instead, become determined that everything will be find and start to look forward to this year's holiday.

Hi polar bear, I'm just so worried that I'm going to bring the intrusive thoughts along with me and I won't be able to enjoy my holidays, I keep worrying about if I'll panic being in a environment I'm not used to and doubting myself that I'll act on harm thoughts etc, it's really stressing me out. I just want to go away and enjoy myself