Can people tell me how they feel on mirtazapine

Guest David green

Guest David green

I had to taper off venlafaxine because it stopped working im now of 37mg im also taking 45mg mirtazapine.I have felt sedated getting pains in my joints and lower back now i thought this was because off coming off the venlafaxine.But just found out most people do feel sedated on mirtazapine.Its a right pain im thinking ill have to try another antidepressant now because i cant be sedated all the time.I only went to mirtazapine because i could take that with my venlafaxine while i reduced the ven.

My doc have started 8 mg recently. My sleep quality have been improved a lot. I am feeling a bit positive in mood. But little bit higher than usual energy. But remember reaction to medication vary widely from person to person, if you feel anything unpleasant, please consult your GP.

Hello mate, im on 45mg mirtazapine and 37.5mg venlafaxine. The mirtazapine can make you feel drowsy, maybe try taking at a different time, before bed. If I take mine late im no good to anyone following day.

Im also reducing the venlafaxine under doctors instruction. As for the aches and pain....maybe someone else can advise

Guest David green
1 hour ago, kaheath80 said:

I've been on it for years. It helps me sleep, but doesn't particularly make me drowsy during the day. I take it just before bed. I'm on 30mg a day.

Ok i take mine around 7pm

Guest David green
1 hour ago, seb79 said:

Hello mate, im on 45mg mirtazapine and 37.5mg venlafaxine. The mirtazapine can make you feel drowsy, maybe try taking at a different time, before bed. If I take mine late im no good to anyone following day.

Im also reducing the venlafaxine under doctors instruction. As for the aches and pain....maybe someone else can advise

Thats funny same as me im going to half a 37.5mg venlafaxine tab soon i did try it last friday and i was sensitive to light straight away had pains in my stomach and thoughts of suicide.So they put me up to 45 mirtazapine.

Think ill stick to taking it earlier then cheers.

Edited by David green
Guest David green
Just now, Ashley said:

Why are you on mirtazapine anyway? Is this being used to treat OCD? 

Ive always had a problem with anxiety and depression thats what its for.

4 minutes ago, David green said:

Think ill stick to taking it earlier then cheers.

Please seek professional medical advice when it comes to medication. If in doubt about when best to take it please speak to the prescribing Dr or a pharmacist.