Looking for volunteers to read new book on OCD

Hi all

After a bunch of awareness-raising activities a few years ago, I've finally completed work on a new book about OCD, focusing in particular on the pure-O side of things. Drawing on my own lifelong experiences with OCD it looks at OCD from a broader perspective, and examines the relationships between OCD, identity and inclusion. It also focuses on the obsessive/compulsive behaviours evident in those without an OCD diagnosis, indulging my inner music nerd to draw parallels with the music of Marc Bolan and Daniel Johnston.

Building on de Silva's research from the 70s, and with reference to more recent research by Christine Purdon, David Clark, Oliver James and others, I suggest that if people without OCD diagnoses can recognise the same OCD patterns of thinking within themselves, there can be a better understanding of those living with OCD, fewer labels, and stronger mutual support. It mixes fiction with non-fiction, because I find that sometimes the former can better illustrate the experience of OCD than the latter.

I am looking for willing volunteers to read a draft of the book, in the hope that it might a) help them with their own challenges with OCD and b) allow them to offer some anonymous feedback for inclusion in the book alongside the academic feedback I've already received (though this isn't obligatory by any means). 

I'm not expecting to make any money out of the book, but obviously the more feedback I can get the more likely I am to get it published and distributed, meaning more people can hopefully benefit from it. It's a message I really want to spread to the world after so many years of living with OCD. I am aware there are a number of things like this that crop up on the OCD-UK forums, and there may be concerns from the forum moderators (and rightly so). I'm happy to submit a copy to / discuss it with forum moderators etc in the first instance - send me a PM if need be.

I am 100% aware of the horrors that OCD can bring, and hope that today is better than yesterday for everyone reading this.

Warm wishes

David Griffiths
www.davidagriffiths.uk