Panic attack over sexual dream

Hi been doing good with my groinal responses, but i have several steps back, for the first time i just had a incest wet dream and today i just cant get over it am having a severe panic attack.

truthfully why did i have it? Are they common?

please i need help with this

Guest Nikki79

Yes they are common and I have had them too. You must remember it just a dream and treat it the same as you treat the other thoughts. You can't help that it happened as just like thoughts are something we can't control so are dreams. You can choose now to practice what calms and relaxes you my friend. Leave it be.

53 minutes ago, Nikki79 said:

Yes they are common and I have had them too. You must remember it just a dream and treat it the same as you treat the other thoughts. You can't help that it happened as just like thoughts are something we can't control so are dreams. You can choose now to practice what calms and relaxes you my friend. Leave it be.

I agree 100%.

Guest Nikki79
8 minutes ago, fefee said:

Great answer Nikki , dreams, thoughts , feeling s all the same 

Thanks Feefee dreams are common recurrent thing for me too and this forum really helped me understand them.

You dunno hw betteri feel knowing its my ocd, i just feel sick and disgusted with it, just shows ya.. when u fight ocd it bites you even harder and its so morally sore.

When you say you lot had it do u mean just a dream or a wet one to?

Guest Nikki79

Well for example I will have sexual anxiety or dreams sometimes when I am asleep. I also wake up alot panicked because I cannot remember the dreams so feel I need to know what happened. I was actually in church this morning and this thought hit me out of nowhere. I have remembered a dream like that. I am trying to distract and ignore it now and you can too.

You're looking for reassurance GG. You know you have OCD so don't let doubt get a grip and you're off wondering if you're an evil person. You've been through this with every other iteration of your theme. Learn from that and apply it to new stuff that comes up.