Doubt or psychosis?

Hi All,

My OCD seems to have been getting worse for the last several months, with lots of different 'types' of OCD getting worse at the same time. One of the types is 'Harm OCD' and I doubt whether I have accidentally poisoned or hurt my family or dog most days. It's got to the point where I cannot really do normal things like feed the dog or prepare drinks because I'm afraid of poisoning. Now I keep doubting my memories and creating fake ones (e.g. of myself poisoning drinks/food) and I'm finding the doubt harder and harder to deal with.

What should I do about this?

Edited by BelAnna

Hi BelAnna,

i know too well what it's like to have these worries. It got to the point where I could barely cook for myself let alone my little one. Even making drinks would prompt intrusive thoughts, doubts, questions. Slowly but surely I'm making changes and getting there. The key being good CBT. 

My OCD snowballed out of control rapidly too. I got worse very quickly and was in a mess when I first started therapy.  

I'm not sure how this helps, but just wanted to say I've experienced similar intrusive thoughts.....and still do.

Storm x

Thanks Storm. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this too and it must have even harder with a little one to care for.

I have had CBT for some other forms of OCD but I'm on a waiting list to see another Clinical Psychologist for some more CBT so hopefully that will help. How are you now? Has your CBT course finished?

I would say I've made massive improvements. I'm just about to make a crumble with the help of my little one. There's still changes to be made. And I'm working on them best I can, with good quality CBT and trying hard every day to move towards an OCD free life. 

Good luck with your recovery BelAnna and hopefully the waiting list is not too long. 

Some days are easier than others x