Childhood memory

Hi guys, would appreciate your views and comments on this particular memory I have as a child. 

I had a friend (boy) living across the road from me and we used to play quite a lot together. By the way I'm male. 

We were about 7or 8 and one day we pretended to be mum and dad and got in to bed and pretended to kiss (without actually kissing) and cuddled. It was as if we were role playing. Nothing sexual happened and I'm a straight guy with no homosexual feelings or tendencies. Is this just normal stuff kids do? 

Would welcome your thoughts. 

Thanks 

Gast 

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:13, Gast17 said:

I had a friend (boy) living across the road from me and we used to play quite a lot together. By the way I'm male. 

We were about 7or 8 and one day we pretended to be mum and dad and got in to bed and pretended to kiss (without actually kissing) and cuddled. It was as if we were role playing. Nothing sexual happened and I'm a straight guy with no homosexual feelings or tendencies. Is this just normal stuff kids do? 

Hi Gast,

Can I ask you a question before I answer?   Why are you asking about this? Is it something that's become a problem for you?   Do you think it's a normal thing?

First of all, your history seems so cute to me, considering that when you're young, you have no prejudices, and you don't mind anything but your own amusement.

As for your question, I'd let go. I've done tons of things like that (as a kid) and that hasn't made me what it looked like. 

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

Hi Gast,

Can I ask you a question before I answer?   Why are you asking about this? Is it something that's become a problem for you?   Do you think it's a normal thing?

Hi Ashley, thanks for your message..I don't think about it very often no, it doesn't bother me but I guess I just want some kind of reassurance from you guys. My OCD makes me feel guilty about a lot of things and I guess this is me questioning myself and asking if this behaviour was normal. My rational side says it's normal. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 21:13, Gast17 said:

My rational side says it's normal. 

:yes:

(at the risk of giving reassurance).... trust your rational side, and be mindful if you're asking yourself the question again, if you are then this is becoming an OCD compulsion. 

• 4 weeks later...