Doing very little

Determined to have another better day to day and seriously reduce my compulsions, particularly washing.  My problem is that there are 2 main things I can do: go and spend time with family as a distraction or chill out alone at home but not try to do very much.  Have used the family option a bit too much over the past week, so trying to give them a day off! So, I've had a very lazy day - reading, watching tv etc. Not achieved anything very much, though, so feeling a bit guilty - the laundry pile I'm avoiding as doing laundry sets my washing off is still growing. 

So - some success as compulsions reduced, but a lot of avoidance too.  

10 minutes ago, Chelsie said:

there are 2 main things I can do

Hi Chelsie. Having a day to myself each week prevents me from going (even more!) mad. But why are these your only options? There's a big wide world out there. Distraction and staving off boredom are two of our most effective weapons. What else could you be doing to occupy these balmy summer Sundays?!

Of course you're right - there are plenty of other options.  I meant safe options that would help me to avoid compulsions, as I'm really trying to do this weekend. It's very unusual for me to have a day Ike this, although there have been a few recently. 

Thanks for challenging me earlier, polar bear and ocean dweller.  Shook me out of being so apathetic.  Chatted to some friends on the phone and planned a night out tomorrow,  put the washing on, made dinner.  Day not quite so wasted now. 

1 minute ago, Chelsie said:

Thanks for challenging me earlier, polar bear and ocean dweller.  Shook me out of being so apathetic.  Chatted to some friends on the phone and planned a night out tomorrow,  put the washing on, made dinner.  Day not quite so wasted now. 

I dig this. Kudos to you Chelsie. ?