Does anyone else have Aspergers as well as OCD? How do you find it affects your obsessions and OCD? Do you think it makes things more complicated? 

I find I have my OCD obsessions and then things I relate more to my Aspergers (like collecting reading material, watching films repeatedly) But combined I feel like I'm obsessing about something all the time. It's tiring. ?

Hello! My son has Aspergers and OCD, I have a diagnoses of OCD but my therapist was also a little suspicious that I have aspergers too, which i tend to feel is probably right as I've had my suspicions while watching my son grow up and reflecting on my own childhood and life up until now. Personally I can't answer your question as I think the way I think and don't know how other people do if u get what I mean, I do know that my son finds it hard to think rationally about his obsessions, he is a very black and white thinker so I suppose the grey area that we have to live with is harder for him to grasp. He has obsessions that are comforting to him for example, gaming and soft toys, to me those are his aspergers. His distressing obsessions are his OCD, at least that's what I think from my own observations! Xx

I have aspergers & OCD also, I occasionally suffer from a worry that my friend will stop being my friend for rediclous reasons, such as the way I said something or the way rhe conversation went & so on. Just check my posts from months back for info on that. But I try my best when I get stuck in these thoughts here & there to take the positives from the negatives, it's extremely difficult at times but I just gotta think why it isn't true