PolarBear, I hope you don’t mind me saying this but I’m using you as a bit of an inspiration to get me through. You seem incredibly level headed and calm about things, I’m guessing you’re fully recovered?

is it possible to get a bit of info about your story, how you’ve suffered and how you got over it, how long etc?

Thanks. Yes I'm fully recovered, going on four years I guess. I spend a fair amount of time helping other sufferers get on their journies to wellness.

As for my story, well, I wrote a book about it. It's called Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD. And in fact, a movie based on that book is about to start filming in my home town in a few days. 

54 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Thanks. Yes I'm fully recovered, going on four years I guess. I spend a fair amount of time helping other sufferers get on their journies to wellness.

As for my story, well, I wrote a book about it. It's called Truth be Told: A journey from the dark side of OCD. And in fact, a movie based on that book is about to start filming in my home town in a few days. 

Just read a little bit about it on Amazon. Maybe further down the line I’ll read it, but right now even reading the synopsis filled me with fear.

was yours just a really extreme case, or was it that you went so long without treatment/knowledge of the condition? It terrified me reading what I read that it could get that bad.

I was diagnosed with OCD. Shortly after I completed the YBOCS scale and rated right on the border of severe to extreme. I suffered for 40 years before I sought help.

The book deals mostly with the two biggest themes I had, being harm and pedophile themes. It is a raw book. I don't pussyfoot around.

I mean this in the nicest way, but I hope I never get it as bad as you’ve had it. I’m sure millions have it and it’s not on that scale, seemingly to make a movie from it, it must have been quite an extreme case.

obviously Great for others though to see that even in the most extreme case, you’re now better, though I’m sorry you went through so much.