Finally help offered

I've received a letter from my local cmht saying they'll be in touch about a psychology assessment. They're prepared to look at local treatment and also out of area. It's been 5 years of asking for help and now they've finally agreed. I'm depressed, exhausted and anxious it won't work. But still surviving. 

Hi Emoo,

What a dreadful, not to mention lengthy time you have suffered before being able to access appropriate treatment. I fully appreciate just how depressed and exhausted you must feel, but if you have had the tenacity to fight for treatment for such a shockingly long length of time, it shows you have the strength of character within you still to make the treatment work for you.

Looking forward to reading of your successes in the future.

Thank you bwelagain. It's been pretty horrific. I've just had lots of hospital admissions and lots of no you can't have therapy. I just want to feel better. I'm hoping the assessment doesn't take too long. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my assessment. They've got to discuss it at team meeting but they're offering another round of cbt locally. I've had some for contamination issues a few years ago and this lot will look at responsibility with the idea I'd try and work on the contamination stuff again separately. 

Am utterly exhausted and still processing...