Finding it very hard to cope again since med started making me ill

Guest David green

Guest David green

I have problems with an antidepressant im on my stomach is bloated i feel sick most of the time since i went up to 45mg.So i went back down to 30mg now im on 15mg im shouting a lot in my sleep and worried about what ive been shouting now.I can hear the neighbors below me all the time through the night and in the day if i try to relax on my bed.When i hear them they make me feel so bad i try to block them out with ear plugs but still hear them faintly.

Im really sure im not imagining this now through the night when i wake up i can hear them talking underneath its probably because im shouting.Its like they have worked me out they keep on and on im feeling very depressed again and thinking of suicide.I try before i go to bed not to let them get to me but they really are getting to me.

Im just not coping at the moment i feel such a bad person and feeling very sick while tapering off this medication.

Edited by David green
Guest David green
1 minute ago, PhilM said:

Hi David - it's been a while since you posted?

This theme with the neighbours seems to have been going on for a while? What help are you receiving?

Best wishes, Phil.

Hi phill

The medication didnt work out for me ive been feeling very ill on it and it can give you bad nightmares so ive been shouting.I just wish someone would beleave me its though because im mentally ill no one beleaves me.I go to bed saying to myself dont let them get to me but i keep hearing them go on and on its like there taunting me.I dredd going to bed

A few days ago i see the cpn feeling like i can be atacked or worse he again is saying its my depression but its not.I was in such a state because i was very worried and feeling so sick on this medication.Its like because of my ocd theme people hardly care or think i should go through such a hard time.

Hi David. As Phil says, it's been a while since you last posted. Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems. Do you still go to your Mum's place? We're in the midst of the long Bank Holiday weekend but SLAM will still be operating its emergency phone line over the weekend. Stay strong.

Guest David green

Hello

I havent been getting out really just feel so sick on the medication.I got to my mums today though.If i call slam they tell me to take a pill or call a & e.I havent called them 4 a long time.

Thanks anyways

10 hours ago, David green said:

its probably because im shouting

Hi David, 

Sorry to hear you're struggling again. 

I suspect the voices you hear talking aren't your neighbours at all, just your brain making up sounds and interpreting them as voices. We've discussed why that happens before.

But even if it is your neighbours talking an important part of why you're struggling is the way you think about what you hear. You interpret the voices as 

1. they must be talking about you

2. that are talking about you because of the shouting

Can you see that these are assumptions you have made because of how you feel and not based on reality? 

Next time you think people are talking about you or upset with you remember that you don't know that, you're assuming it because you're upset with yourself. 

Change what you tell yourself when you think you've heard people talking. Tell yourself they are talking about something else. Tell yourself they aren't bothered by you making some noise and they don't care about what you say when you shout.

This may not stop the voices, but it stops you upsetting yourself further by thinking things that aren't true. 

Guest David green

Hi

It started a few days ago i was hearing people outside up until after 2am in the morning talking about me saying im in all the time which i am and what floor i am which i am and other things which explained me then i was sure it was one of my nieghbors out until after 2am talking about me.I am pretty scared it feels the whole neighborhood beleave im something im not so i can get atacked of worse if they beleave that.I was with my cpn the next day frightened out my life to be honest he just said once its my depression i said its not and that was it.If i can hear these things while im indoors so can the nieghbors below me so they could be thinking the same thing 2.Im dreading going to bed everynight ive been telling myself dont let it get to me just sleep but its getting worse now they just keep on and on.

Lastnight around 8pm i can here someone outside somewhere talking about me in detail i had to put my headphones on.I will need to go to bed soon i dont know how i will cope but i cant see myself lasting in my bed by the way the neighbors below carry on.I have no one to turn to i can see something bad happening to me eventualy.

Thanks for replying ill read what you said again in the morning & i did find out on the internet that some people with depression can hear voices thats probably why i was on sulpride and an antidepressant.It has been so scary changing my antidepressant too its made me sick everyday bloated stomach and no energy and to top that off i run the risk of going into a mental health ward.

David, the neighbours can't hear voices that exist in your head. :no: Believing people are listening is also only a thought in your own head.  

When the voices talk about you remember it's your brain thinking up the words.  That's how they seem to know things about you. It's you thinking things about yourself.

It's just you hearing your own thoughts as a voice. Not other people talking.

When you catch yourself thinking about the neighbours and fearing how they'll react, remind yourself these voices are something you and you alone can hear.

That's scary, but not as scary as imagining the voices are real people who are unhappy with you. 

Guest David green

I do beleave the voices are real and they are unhappy with me

I went to bed around 11pm first one of the voices underneath seemed worked up then i noticed they had calmed down once noise outside had calmed down.Ive had earplugs in my ears i had some weird dream then im awake at 3am hearing them underneath up to 6.19am now.

Yeah i am scared 

Hi David. Have you noticed that the 'voices' only become intrusive when your mental health is less robust? Your depression and anxiety are giving way to paranoia, skewing somewhat your sense of reality. I've been where you are. There's no danger. Your mind is just having you off. As happens to all of us from time to time. Feel better soon pal. ?

Guest David green

Thanks OD i really do hope so i havent done anything to deserve this i was coping for years on venlafaxine until i got deeply depressed.Ive heard the odd thing before when on the venlafaxine but to hear it so much soon as it gets dark and i go to bed can be very frightening.It has crossed my mind that because my mental state isnt to good its happening.I did take a 200mg sulpride it helped me cope.

I think we definitely interpret voices we hear as being about us and our worries.

If I am out and hear laughing or certain words like 'horrible', 'ugly', 'weird' etc I get a panic because I am 100% sure that they are talking about me, I need to leave and get home quickly.

Guest David green

Thanks OD i really do hope so i havent done anything to deserve this i was coping for years on venlafaxine until i got deeply depressed.Ive heard the odd thing before when on the venlafaxine but to hear it so much soon as it gets dark and i go to bed can be very frightening.It has crossed my mind that because my mental state isnt to good its happening.I did take a 200mg sulpride it helped me cope.

Tonight i was waking up every 2 hours plus i was shouting in my sleep i noticed the lights outside my main door were on each time and they only come on when someones outside.Before i went to bed i was hearing people outside my block i beleave they were talking about me so had to use my headphones plus all through the night each time i woke up i could hear neighbors below me.I now think they may be recording what im shouting and maybe using the neighbors on my floor as witnesses.Im worried i could get evicted.

Im seeing the mental health team today im so worried i could end up in hospital there looking at my medication today well thats what they told me yesterday.Thanks to the people that have helped me on here but i think someone could of said something thats not true about me and the whole neighborhood know.

This paranoia seems to be getting more serious each time you post David. I think it is very important when you see the team that you are honest about what you are thinking regarding your neighbours recording you etc.

Best wishes, Phil.

Guest David green

I told them about me hearing people outside and the neighbors they recommended i take the sulpiride again so hopefully that gets better.There are people that get depressed and hear voices i just hope this is the truth with me.

There changing me to setraline antidepressant

Hi David. You are in the midst of trial and error with your medicine. I have been fortunate with the first medicine regime being sufficient to cause the worse stress to subside. Keep strong. I suggested contacting your local Mind before, it might be worth a try.

I know how tormented you are - believe me.

I've posted a couple of times to you in the past which were well intended but obviously were a little blunt.

I'm going to say a couple of things - please don't sit around desperate for the different drug to help. It may do (great) and it may not.

Also remember a few months ago when you stepped outside your comfort zone and challenged your intrusive thoughts and there was a little bit of re-built confidence? Do you remember that?

Lastly I'm sure your neighbours have got better things to do than be discussing you all the time. If they are - so what? That's their problem not yours.

Try and think about you as a person beyond OCD - you can have inner resolve and I've had lots of ups and downs recently but know there is a difference between my thoughts and me as a person.

Best wishes, Phil.

Guest David green

Just noticed the replys here

Im just seeing how it goes now and i have to come off this antidepressant thats made me sick for so long and try this setraline.Been 6 months since all this started & back then i was stable and coping.