Do I stop it ALL at once

I don't know to be honest id imagine if it was possible to just stop doing them all at once this disorder wouldnt exist. However im not sure, maybe it is possible. Or you could start with one at a time. My therapist mentioned to me about choosing the easiest 1 to tackle and then work through them e.g. when that one is no longer a problem move onto the next until you are in control and the compulsions aren't taking over. I'm currently drawing up a hierarchy of my compulsions so with the help of my therapist and some ERP I can combat this. Best of luck whatever you decide to do. 

Hi,

My therapist asked me to make a list of goals. These goals were made up from lots of things I had been avoiding,due to the intrusive thoughts. As Irregular86 mentioned I listed my goals from the easiest to the hardest. Each session we pick one off the list to work on . Once I have achieved that particular goal by facing it and it no longer bothers me, only then do I move onto the next one. I then do not feel too overwhelmed trying to do them all. Each one achieved no matter how long it takes is a step forward and challenges ocd. I have a fantastic therapist who is very experienced in treating ocd. I was originally diagnosed with moderate to severe OCD. Whatever way is best for you, I hope it goes very well for you. 

Hi CHILLEDICE, 

In my own personal opinion I wouldn't advice any one to go cold turkey. It's not only about the erp and stopping the compulsions or ruminating but it's also about learning the cognitive side too. Work through them one by one starting at the least anxiety provoking one until that no longer affects you and moving onto the next. Doing it to quickly could set you back further. Slowly wins the race :yes:

best wishes 

lost :)

I'm no expert as I'm waiting for cbt, but my gut tells me that it's probably best to tackle one at a time in a hierarchy. You will probably then have a ripple effect, where you will learn by experience that stopping ruminating results in the thoughts/fears not taking hold and that realisation will help you with your other obsessions. ?