What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this thread as it is a real encouragement to us all to face our fears and apply what we are learning/have learned. 

I'd like to share here a saying from OceanDweller which is really excellent in this respect. "Those demons may lurk in the shadows, but we can choose to walk in the light :) "

It's just brilliant :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Haayleey96 said:

Faced one of my trigger objects today and managed to just ignore it as if it wasn't there ?

That's great news Roy well done, be proud of yourself your doing great :cheer:

2 hours ago, taurean said:

I love this thread as it is a real encouragement to us all to face our fears and apply what we are learning/have learned. 

I'd like to share here a saying from OceanDweller which is really excellent in this respect. "Those demons may lurk in the shadows, but we can choose to walk in the light :) "

Love that quote :thumbup:

So, I was really unhappy last night but today was the first really good mental health day I've had in a long time. No pressure, no demands and I met a friend for coffee. Now, need to get to bed and get ready for work tomorrow.

Having been given a wonderful shot in the arm by OceanDweller's brilliant phrase, a quotation from the psalms - might be the 23rd psalm - has just popped into my head, and it, too, is wonderfully calming comforting and motivating. I think it goes something like 

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will feel no evil - thy rod and staff will comfort me". 

The "rod and staff" that will protect and succour us are very probably our wonderful charity, OCD-UK,  and its management, forum moderators, supporters and members. 

So when we are troubled, and need motivation, let's let our "rod and staff"  comfort and inspire us :)

11 hours ago, taurean said:

You are very generous with your praise Roy. What a gentleman you are. Thank you my friend.

Listening to radio news is at the top of my exposure hierarchy. 

But today I was listening through I think it was four bulletins, and I just let them play through listening intently but as a third party, without connecting, then focused straight back to what I was doing. 

:WootSign::toot:   we can do this folks :cheer:

1 hour ago, taurean said:

But today I was listening through I think it was four bulletins, and I just let them play through listening intently but as a third party, without connecting, then focused straight back to what I was doing. 

This is fantastic Roy, well done :yes: your doing great. 

keep up the good work you can do this :cheer:

1 hour ago, taurean said:

That's so great Roy, a huge well done! ?

I've bleached the bathroom and toilet today, done some washing only once, made 4 cups of tea and drank them and ate some biscuits with the smell of bleach on my hands. I'm so pleased ? slowly back on track again, thanks to my forum friends :yes:

A good all-round performance lost. :cheer:

I only did the radio news today, but that's OK - it's been a busy but rewarding day anyway, with lots of meets with other people. 

One of my friends - my Osteopath who I met, he was sitting outside a cafe with his laptop, was busy booking two sleeper returns to Penzance in Cornwall for him and a friend. 

Another friend looked up my horoscope and told me I might be winning the lottery - now that would be magical thinking, as I don't buy any tickets. :haha:

But I do have premium bonds, so he reckons I am due a win. 

If he is right, I will donate the first £100 of any win to OCD-UK. 

Edited by taurean
3 minutes ago, taurean said:

A good all-round performance lost. :cheer:

I only did the radio news today, but that's OK - it's been a busy but rewarding day anyway, with lots of meets with other people. 

One of my friends - my Osteopath who I met, he was sitting outside a cafe with his laptop, was busy booking two sleeper returns to Penzance in Cornwall for him and a friend. 

Another friend looked up my horoscope and told me I might be winning the lottery - now that would be magical thinking, as I don't buy any tickets. :haha:

But I do have premium bonds, so he reckons I am due a win. 

If he is right, I will donate the first £100 of any win to OCD-UK. 

You've had a great day Roy and you've done so very well, it's brilliant :cheer:

That made me laugh Roy regarding winning the lottery :lol:

You are such a nice thoughtful, generous man Roy :)