What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?

2 hours ago, lostinme said:

Oh bless you Emsie, sorry to hear your feeling low today, but it's good you are seeing the positive side and you know it will pass :yes: when your feeling low, even if you don't always feel like it, try to do something that you would normally get pleasure from and this will help to lift your mood back up again.

Tummy is still proving troublesome, but I do get bouts of it every now and again, but eventually it does right itself. Not to bad OCD wise, work in progress :) 

Hope your feeling a little better now :) x

Thank you so much, Lost. Feeling a bit better thank you, I've been like this for a while on and off, but it's not too bad. Thank you for the great advice, I took my daughter on a steam train today, which she loves and that's lifted my mood. 

I'm sorry to hear your tummy is still troublesome, I really hope it gets better very soon. I'm very glad things are ok with you OCD wise. 

Take care,

Em ? X

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Thank you so much, Lost. Feeling a bit better thank you, I've been like this for a while on and off, but it's not too bad. Thank you for the great advice, I took my daughter on a steam train today, which she loves and that's lifted my mood. 

I'm sorry to hear your tummy is still troublesome, I really hope it gets better very soon. I'm very glad things are ok with you OCD wise. 

Take care,

Em ? X

Really glad to hear your feeling a little better now Emsie  :yes: and the train ride with your daughter as lifted your mood :)

It's something I should really be use to, it usually lasts around a week or so before it starts to settle down again, so got a few more days to go yet :( but hey I'm ok no worries ? x 

I went to an important meeting along with my wife today, despite not having had any proper sleep due to night cramps. 

I didn't drive there under those circumstances - we went by bus ? 

We are glad we didn't have to reschedule as it went very well. 

1 hour ago, lostinme said:

Really glad to hear your feeling a little better now Emsie  :yes: and the train ride with your daughter as lifted your mood :)

It's something I should really be use to, it usually lasts around a week or so before it starts to settle down again, so got a few more days to go yet :( but hey I'm ok no worries ? x 

Thank you so much, Lost, I just need to keep busy doing nice things with my daughter. I've been worrying about a few things, so keeping busy is good for that too.

I hope those few days go quickly and that it settles down quicker than it usually does. I'm so glad you're ok.

Rest well tonight. ? X

1 hour ago, taurean said:

I went to an important meeting along with my wife today, despite not having had any proper sleep due to night cramps. 

That's great news Roy, well done :) I'm glad you took the sensible approach and caught the bus ? so glad all went well for you both :yes:

1 hour ago, taurean said:

That's great news Roy. ?

5 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Thank you so much, Lost, I just need to keep busy doing nice things with my daughter. I've been worrying about a few things, so keeping busy is good for that too.

I hope those few days go quickly and that it settles down quicker than it usually does. I'm so glad you're ok.

Rest well tonight. ? X

You are such a lovely caring lady Emsie :) 

I find this helps me too, stops us thinking  to much and spending to much time worrying :yes: I hope the worries settle down soon for you and your mood soon lifts. 

It isn't very pleasant and it makes feel rather unwell ? so I hope things improve sooner rather than later :yes: got to go out tomorrow, so I'm hoping I will feel ok to do so, if not I might need to cancel :(

Enjoy the rest of your evening x 

23 minutes ago, lostinme said:

You are such a lovely caring lady Emsie :) 

I find this helps me too, stops us thinking  to much and spending to much time worrying :yes: I hope the worries settle down soon for you and your mood soon lifts. 

It isn't very pleasant and it makes feel rather unwell ? so I hope things improve sooner rather than later :yes: got to go out tomorrow, so I'm hoping I will feel ok to do so, if not I might need to cancel :(

Enjoy the rest of your evening x 

Oh bless you, thank you so much Lost, and you are such a lovely, caring lady too. I'm very grateful for our little chats. 

Thank you so much re my worries, I think after tomorrow when I've got to do something out of my comfort zone I should feel better. Basically, I've got to do something that I know will trigger me and I hope I handle it well. It's no big deal to anyone else, just to me and my OCD. 

I'm so sorry Lost that it makes you feel rather unwell. I really, really hope it improves and goes really soon for you. I hope you feel ok too to go out tomorrow, but if you don't feel up to it, then it's probably best to cancel, you need to look after yourself. 

Thank you, you too, I hope you have a restful, relaxing rest of your evening and a good kip tonight. 

Take care, 

Em ? X

Edited by Emsie
17 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Oh bless you, thank you so much Lost, and you are such a lovely, caring lady too. I'm very grateful for our little chats. 

Thank you so much re my worries, I think after tomorrow when I've got to do something out of my comfort zone I should feel better. Basically, I've got to do something that I know will trigger me and I hope I handle it well. It's no big deal to anyone else, just to me and my OCD. 

I'm so sorry Lost that it makes you feel rather unwell. I really, really hope it improves and goes really soon for you. I hope you feel ok too to go out tomorrow, but if you don't feel up to it, then it's probably best to cancel, you need to look after yourself. 

Thank you, you too, I hope you have a restful, relaxing rest of your evening and a good kip tonight. 

Take care, 

Em ? X

Emsie, try not to worry to much regarding tomorrow if you can, usually the anxiety and worry leading upto it is actually far worse than doing it itself :yes: however I do realise this is easier said than done. I had to do this a few weeks ago and the days leading upto it was awful, but I actually coped far better when I was doing it, rather than the lead upto it thinking about it. Hope this makes sense. 

Will be thinking of you and hope all goes well, 

best wishes, lost :)

11 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Emsie, try not to worry to much regarding tomorrow if you can, usually the anxiety and worry leading upto it is actually far worse than doing it itself :yes: however I do realise this is easier said than done. I had to do this a few weeks ago and the days leading upto it was awful, but I actually coped far better when I was doing it, rather than the lead upto it thinking about it. Hope this makes sense. 

Will be thinking of you and hope all goes well, 

best wishes, lost :)

Thank you so much Lost for your lovely, kind words. I will try my best not to worry, you are so right in what you say with the lead up being far worse than doing it. It made perfect sense what you said, I'm sorry you felt awful in the days leading up to what you had to do a few weeks ago, but I'm so glad that you coped well when you were doing it. That's brilliant news. 

Thank you so much for your thoughts and wishes, I hope all goes well too. 

Thank you so much for replying, it means a lot. 

Take care,

Em ? X

Edited by Emsie
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ashipinharbor said:

I didn't perform a compulsion. Even better, I didn't give my thoughts meaning or importance, even when they felt like mine. I just chalked it all up to ocd, and refused to worry over the thoughts.

Well done, Ship, keep it up. 

17 minutes ago, ashipinharbor said:

I didn't perform a compulsion. Even better, I didn't give my thoughts meaning or importance, even when they felt like mine. I just chalked it all up to ocd, and refused to worry over the thoughts.

Wow it’s nice to see this positive thread being used again :yes: hooray ? I love to see all the positives posts. 

Thats great work ship, your doing so well, go girl you can do this :cheer:

28 minutes ago, St Mike said:

Well done, Ship, keep it up. 

15 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Wow it’s nice to see this positive thread being used again :yes: hooray ? I love to see all the positives posts. 

Thats great work ship, your doing so well, go girl you can do this :cheer:

Thanks, guys! And i agree! More positivity is never a bad thing

1 hour ago, ashipinharbor said:

A huge well done Ship! Keep going. ?

I really needed to push myself, I keep backing out when the going gets tough. I just went to make myself a drink, I filled the kettle and after three times the thoughts got the better of me :crybaby: so I switched my safety kettle on as I call it, the one someone else as filled for me. But my determination came shining through, i wasn’t going to beaten :no: so I refilled the kettle and I’m drinking it now :cheer:

18 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

Thanks, guys! And i agree! More positivity is never a bad thing

That's right Ship, I always think each time, we encourage the sufferer to continue to resist complusions and praise them for their effort, we are creating a virtuous cycle of good feelings + meaningful and mindful change in reaction to obesessions as opposed to reasurrance + continued same responses to obesessions. 

We motivate them to progress and change for the better and break free from OCD rather than allow them to keep to the same ways and entrapped by OCD.

So keep it up and keep going strong, Ship.

19 minutes ago, lostinme said:

I really needed to push myself, I keep backing out when the going gets tough. I just went to make myself a drink, I filled the kettle and after three times the thoughts got the better of me :crybaby: so I switched my safety kettle on as I call it, the one someone else as filled for me. But my determination came shining through, i wasn’t going to beaten :no: so I refilled the kettle and I’m drinking it now :cheer:

Woo Hoo Lost! That's determination in action. You landed a punch back at OCD. :boxing: Well done!!!

2 hours ago, lostinme said:

Well done, ignore those thoughts, that's the way forward. They thrive when given attention, but gradually they weaken when ignored. 

"We can't stop the waves, but we can learn to surf"  - Jon Kabat-Zinn. 

Maybe we should start a surfing club :biggrin:

Edited by taurean
5 hours ago, St Mike said:

I always think each time, we encourage the sufferer to continue to resist complusions and praise them for their effort, we are creating a virtuous cycle of good feelings + meaningful and mindful change in reaction to obesessions as opposed to reasurrance + continued same responses to obesessions. 

We motivate them to progress and change for the better and break free from OCD rather than allow them to keep to the same ways and entrapped by OCD.

I totally agree with your statement St Mike, positivity and cheering each other on really does give us that feel good factor :yes: 

5 hours ago, Avo said:

Well done lost, you didn't perform a compulsion despite it being difficult. Hope your enjoying your drink. 

Thanks Avo, I did and I made two more even though it was proving a difficult :yes: 

3 hours ago, taurean said:

Well done, ignore those thoughts, that's the way forward. They thrive when given attention, but gradually they weaken when ignored. 

"We can't stop the waves, but we can learn to surf"  - Jon Kabat-Zinn. 

Maybe we should start a surfing club :biggrin:

Yes that sounds like a good idea Roy :) then hopefully I will spend more time on the board than off it :yes:

7 hours ago, St Mike said:

That's right Ship, I always think each time, we encourage the sufferer to continue to resist complusions and praise them for their effort, we are creating a virtuous cycle of good feelings + meaningful and mindful change in reaction to obesessions as opposed to reasurrance + continued same responses to obesessions. 

So keep it up and keep going strong, Ship.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:36, Emsie said:

A huge well done Ship! Keep going. ?

Thanks guys! And I agree, Mike