What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?

10 hours ago, lostinme said:

I really needed to push myself, I keep backing out when the going gets tough. I just went to make myself a drink, I filled the kettle and after three times the thoughts got the better of me :crybaby: so I switched my safety kettle on as I call it, the one someone else as filled for me. But my determination came shining through, i wasn’t going to beaten :no: so I refilled the kettle and I’m drinking it now :cheer:

Wow Lost, that's so awesome! Be very proud. ? X

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all a work in progress as you say, lost. 

I am never complacent, and always looking to learn things that can help me to aid my resilience. 

When I go out and about, I am conscious that, for many, they are not able to do so because of the restrictive rules of their OCD :(

I am proud today that I wrote my topic on what we have found helps us tackle OCD - some great ideas and strategies have been revealed as a result :)

21 hours ago, lostinme said:

We do Emsie, at times we might get a little side tracked and a little off course, but we get back on track eventually :yes: we are working progress and I believe we can work through it :cheer:x

I completely agree, Lost ? X

The more I find out about how OCD is affecting others through this forum, the more I know with conviction that getting better is all about not believing in, and not giving meaning to, OCD intrusive thoughts. 

So I am saying that - loud and clear - on this thread too, as I have been doing recently on others' threads. 

The intrusions thrive on attention, and weaken when they don't get it. Sounds simple therefore to tackle - but of course they are very convincing, very believable and accompanied by powerful compulsive urges. 

So, for many of us, we really do need to take a "leap of faith"  to believe what our therapists and fellow sufferers are saying rather than what our own, cognitively-distorted, brains are telling us. 

Edited by taurean
  • 2 weeks later...

There is much ill-health amongst my friends and family at the moment. 

But I am providing sympathy and support where I can - and not allowing myself to become too emotionally involved 

That's the best thing I feel I can do for them, and the best way I myself can cope. 

I put a lot of small change in the poppy collection tin. 

It can't bring back the nephew I lost in the war in Afghanistan - but it can help everyone in need because of our forces having performed their necessary actions to defend freedom and democracy. 

28 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

I have recently been unwell, long term health problem, but i am pushing through it every single day. ?

Im really sorry to hear this Haayleey :( but it’s great that your pushing through every single day, that’s so amazing ? 

15 minutes ago, PhilM said:

I sorted out my friend's Personal Independence Form who had a horrendous industrial accident and lost a leg so yes I feel very proud.

That’s really kind of you Phil, so yes feel proud of yourself, it’s nice to have such a nice and caring friend :yes:

3 minutes ago, taurean said:

There is much ill-health amongst my friends and family at the moment. 

But I am providing sympathy and support where I can - and not allowing myself to become too emotionally involved 

That's the best thing I feel I can do for them, and the best way I myself can cope. 

I put a lot of small change in the poppy collection tin. 

It can't bring back the nephew I lost in the war in Afghanistan - but it can help everyone in need because of our forces having performed their necessary actions to defend freedom and democracy. 

Well done Roy, feel proud of yourself. It’s great how your coping so well and offering so much help and support when it’s a difficult time for you too :)

1 hour ago, Emsie said:

So sorry Lost, I've only just seen this message, so I'm really sorry I didn't reply to you. X 

It ok Emsie, no problems, it’s quite easily done, I’ve probably done it myself too. 

Hope your ok and keeping well, hope you have a lovely weekend 

Best wishes as always, lost x :)

8 minutes ago, lostinme said:

It ok Emsie, no problems, it’s quite easily done, I’ve probably done it myself too. 

Hope your ok and keeping well, hope you have a lovely weekend 

Best wishes as always, lost x :)

Bless you Lost, thank you ?

Thank you, I'm ok and keeping well. I hope you are ok and keeping well too and thank you, wishing you a lovely weekend too. 

Sending you all my best wishes as always, 

Em X ?

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:
On 25/9/2017 at 12:23, taurean said:

Ive decided to do something about it. Spoke to a mental health organisation today. I have a phone call appointment with them on the 23rd. 

Interestingly, occasionally the forum software errs in this way - I don't recognise that quote as belonging to me! 

It's a software glitch. 

To get rid of the box you need to position the cursor over the top left corner of the box. 

If you are on a laptop, and maybe a tablet, you will see a little fuzzy-edged square box. 

Click in it,maybe right click and the scissors icon for cut appears, or an icon for cut. 

Click on cut and the box disappears. 

On a phone, press and hold in that place above the top left corner then click on the scissors icon that appears in the top notification bar. 

The box when it disappears in fact gets gets added to your clipboard content. On my phone my cleaning app detects it and suggests it's cleared, I click and it is. 

Edited by taurean