Anxiety therapy online

Hey all hope you are well.

As you know I am in cbt via skype and in real life, anyways my therapist is from a US anxiety website.

Any of you guys been on this site? They tell me that anxiety is just a thinking problem etc, just curious if y'all have heard of this site before.

Edited by Ashley
Removed external link (edited accordingly)

I really would not advocate having therapy from two people at the same time for the same problem.  What a strange thing to do...   

Equally, I would not advocate this website, we can not endorse overseas therapists. Have you actually checked the credentials of the person giving you online therapy?

• Ashley changed the title to Anxiety therapy online

I never looked at it that way I thought two would be better!

I did check yes, he's a registered therapist :)

His main advice so far after two sessions is to just let the thoughts be there and not fight them, he also says that it's mind over matter in the sense of my mind can control my brain.

5 minutes ago, CHILLEDICE said:

I never looked at it that way I thought two would be better!

Not really, because therapist A may have their approach and may want to work up to some aspects.   Therapist B may have a very different approach that contradicts therapist A.    So whilst it's your choice, I think it is a very bad idea (unless the two therapists work together, and even then not a good idea). 

5 minutes ago, CHILLEDICE said:

I did check yes, he's a registered therapist

Registered with who, registered where?  What happens in other countries may not always be appropriate.    What happens if it goes wrong? Is he member of an accreditation body you can complain to?  

7 minutes ago, CHILLEDICE said:

His main advice so far after two sessions is to just let the thoughts be there and not fight them, he also says that it's mind over matter in the sense of my mind can control my brain.

What a load of rubbish advice, I am pretty sure you can find that kind of insight free on Google!!!    Yes not fight them, and mind over matter may be true, but a therapist is meant to help us be able to achieve that.

In all honesty I can't remember his credentials, he is associate member of some psychotherapy thingy in Canada.

On the 11th he said he will teach me how to contain my fear.

He also wants me to read books on dr caroline leaf, how to change our thoughts etc

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

What a load of rubbish advice, I am pretty sure you can find that kind of insight free on Google!!!    Yes not fight them, and mind over matter may be true, but a therapist is meant to help us be able to achieve that.

This.

They need to show/teach you how. I've been told to pretend I'm someone else and to fake it until I make it before (shakes head)!